Jayski is reporting that Bobby Labonte visited Robby's shop last week. Friendly visit or full time second team in the near future?

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This could be awesome...any of the planet insiders have more info to share?

Or was he lost and stopped for directions?
Here's the whole story from jayski.com

Jayski -hearing that Bobby Labonte, who drove the #96 Hall of Fame Racing Ford for the majority of the 2009 season and will finish out the season in the #71 TRG Chevy, recently visited Robby Gordon Motorsports. Supposedly Robby Gordon is considering starting a 2nd team for 2009. Gordon owns and driver the #7 Toyota. And having a driver with a past champion provisional [Labonte won the 2000 Cup Championship] would be attractive to sponsors and a start up team with no owners points as Labonte has a past champions provisional to use.
I would not read to much into it. How many other drivers have been by RGM? I bet a bunch. And there are not there for a job. They might be coming by to see Robby (He does have friends) Maybe they want to see the dakar stuff, who knows. But I'm sure Paul Menard has been there several times. David Gilliland has been by the shop and yet I dont see RGM starting 2nd teams for them. Bobby has a better shot getting the #71 ride then RGM starting a second team.
With as tight of a ship as Robby runs, Jayski wouldn't get info unless RGM wanted him to. Perhaps Robby is putting out feelers to measure if starting a second team would be feasible in 2010....??
Jayski has reported a billion different RGM things that have not happened......I am in wait and see mode.
It's the Jayski way. Throw 993792134785928359023458 things against the wall, and if two of them stick the crappy site is perceived as brilliant.
TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!
ya just like when Jayski leaked the news that Jim beam was leaving long before it was "official" and lots of peeps called BS on it...Who knows why Bobby Labonte was at the shop but he was there and who knows what will happen. with Jayski i take the wait and see approach also i mean after all it is a news and rumor site
I Just Read That on Jaski , Sounds Good , Mainly Because He Would Be in the Daytona 500 ( Over Bill E. And Terry Labonte ) . Would Be Really Nice To See 2 RGM Cars in The Daytona 500 !
I know that we shouldn't read into this, but think about it: Are Robby and Bobby really friends on the outside? Is Bobby without a ride for next year? Could Bobby bring $$ with a PC provisional? Has Robby expressed interest in a 2nd team? Could Bobby bring experience and knowledge to RGM?

Except for the first question, I have to say that the others are yes. Face it, Bobby has a family and a very differnt lifestyle. They are not getting together to talk about the World Series or the Swine Flu.

Is it a longshot? Absolutely! But I would sure love to see it.
Bobby Labonte is an asset to any team who is under 4 cars at the start of 2010 because he will be guaranteed a start in the first 5 races(all past champs after him are safely locked in the top 35 and are not in need of the past champ provisional to start 2010 )
Hearing that it was a business trip....

Wonder if Bobby has some pull with Ask.com or Academy Sports...????

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service