Bobby Labonte to Drive for Robby Gordon Motorsports at Loudon

Bobby Labonte to Drive for Robby Gordon Motorsports at Loudon

Former Champ to Pilot No. 7 Toyota at NHMS

Charlotte, NC (June 23, 2010) – Robby Gordon Motorsports will put 2000 NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Bobby Labonte behind the wheel of the No. 7 Toyota at New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 this weekend in a current one-race deal.

“When we found out that Bobby was available to drive for us, we jumped at it,” said team owner Robby Gordon. “To have a past champion driving your car is a good opportunity. I think we can learn from him this weekend and it will help our program moving forward.”

Robby Gordon Motorsports finished second in last weekend’s race at the Infineon Raceway.

“I can’t thank Robby and his folks enough for this opportunity,” said Labonte. “We’re going to New Hampshire with the goal of having another solid run for his team. They had a great finish at Sonoma and have some momentum right now. I’m just thankful for the opportunity and hope to get another solid finish for his team.”

Labonte will be making his first start for Robby Gordon Motorsports and plans on running the full race this Sunday.

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While it would be nice to have 2 cars at Indy, it would probably be more beneficial to have 2 cars at Atlanta......Labonte owned that track for years and to be able to gather info on a cookie cutter would be priceless.......
I'm a Bobby Labonte fan and look forward to this weekend. TRG was such a disappointment this year. I knew Bobby would not put up with the SnP thing. He's way too competitive (you'll understand when you hear him on the scanner) to settle for that at this point in his career. I've been following Bobby since the mid-90's. As some have mentioned, Bobby will not use up the equipment. I do disagree that he will not push the car when it matters. He has had to be very careful with equipment recently because of the teams he was with that didn't have new cars waiting in the wings if something happened. I hope Robby gives him a green light to go for it.

He will be around at the end ala Martin/Kenseth/Burton to compete for a good finish. I'm curious how he will react to the Toyota as, I believe, he has not driven this new chassis as of yet.

Having Robby as a teammate to Bobby is very intriguing. Totally different driving styles, however they should complement each other very well. The competitive juices will be flowing since Bobby hasn't had someone of caliber in the shop since he drove with Gibbs (Stewart). Obviously, Kyle Petty and Paul Menard aren't, in my opinion, of Bobby's caliber.

To piggyback what others have said, I will be following SpeedFactory and I imagine you will have a good portion of new viewers and subscribers after bringing Bobby on board.

GO BOBBY!!
Be sure to join the Planet members in the online chat during the race Sunday. Its a blast. Fortunately, I'll miss the chat this week 'cause I'm heading to the race track!
Will definitely make a point to stop in! Will the car have a new look this weekend or will it mimic PJ's from Sears Point (except be #7 instead of #07)?
Yes, who is going to sponsor the car for the race?????
Not sure if anyone posted this on the site today, but Robby and Bobby will be in Tradin' Paint during the last segment this afternoon. Sometime between 2 and 3 PM EST.
ROBBY-BOBBY on Sirius Tradin Paint sometime between 2-3pm today!
I hope someone records it and posts it here........
The on-line listings for my cable service say that it's the July 1, 2007 race.
Lap 190 is the magic number! lol
Almost time......
Nothing against PJ, but man I'd like to see Bobby in the 07 at the Glen

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service