Does anyone know when and where the time trials are held??

UPDATE:

Time trials are TODAY ( 8-15-12 ) beginning at 5:00pm/et ( 2:00pm local )

Views: 1314

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Davin, it's the best 5 of 6 race results.The series is at race #4.Robby has 3 class wins.So, Friday's results will set the agenda for races 5 and 6 (the Blue Water and Henderson 250)

This is why I am not too worried at this point. Just the same I think he will finish well. It is a long race and it is hot down there. Those two things will take out many cars in front of RG.

I just checked the course at weather.com and there is a 20% to 30% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow. Might change things a little bit. If a few sections get dumped on there will less dust for a short window of time. That could really work for RG and his rear starting spot.

Or it could mean huge washouts!

Yup, it sure can. I have been stranded twice by Summer flash floods while out in the desert. It takes a lot of rain to keep the dust down too. Sprinkles will do nothing more than cool the air a little.

The chance of thunderstorms tomorrow is kind of the double edged sword deal. Enough rain to keep the dust down and some washes will have rivers in them.

I remember racing in NV years ago at night in a thunderstorm. The course made a turn into a normally dry sand wash with about a foot of running water in it. The course went downstream so in I went and I caught a 1" wave on top of the water and a little farther another and the water just got shallower as I kept catchig these little waves until I caught up to the front of the flash flood and drove out of it into a dry sand wash.

Definately not a raging flash flood, but a really odd, yet cool thing to see.

and WTF is vapor lock,. can that happen again, have heard that lately on others too at baja,. ok,. will google that. thks.

That when the fuel in the line going to the engine vaporizes starving the engine of fuel.

becouse Robby leaves 53rd and Mike Childress leaves 14th o/a, I thought I'd give a quick look at the points.Robby leads Mike by 27 in class and for the overall.We aren't really racing Rob Mac and Weyhrich (TT's/1400's) for the overall at this time.
Mike Childress is who Robby's racing for points.300vs273vs242. Vegas to Reno (this weekends event) and the Henderson 250 are double points for starting and finishing,plus starting and finishing bonus points.So if I read the rules correctly,Robby has a 1 point lead on Childress as the green flag falls tomorrow.The double points races are really hard to throw out. Just need a solid run tommorrow.IMO

This is interesting and honestly I didn't take the time to read about double points. Only that you got to toss one of the 6 races. Thanks!

@Bruce,click on 'Pro' points,also note there where 31Q's in 1500's and 23 1400's.I calculated the points for 31 entry's.See if you read the bottom left the same as I did.
http://bitd.com/points.html

That's good information Mike. Not going into clich'es about truth killing a good story and all just like these "smart phones" (smart asses) can kill a conversation (we all love a good argument) clear vision of the situation is a plus in any situation or standard. Being a Robby fan latley would qualify for an episode of "life of the rich and famous" for us East coasters. AAaHH no TV.....I'll sit back and watch as an inside trader makes scrambled eggs look like ..........I see something here, Martha is this egg shell or shredded money?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service