I must tell you all, I have met RG, not that it matters here, one of my best friends and I have been on board with RG for a very long time. since Indy days. We were talking today and we chatted about Robby for a minute and he told me that while he was wearing his RG hat someone asked him if he was an actual RG fan. While he said yes. He was ridiculed about why. My friend said; yes I am a fan and it is almost work to be a fan of RG because he has the ability to be drive and win in a car that is equal to the best. Both friend and I continue to be fans, because we believe. Sometimes we question RG. But thats our right as fans. But we both have met him and he may remember us or not, but we still follow RG. Probably always will. ROLL ON ROBBY! (from the Cummins crowd)

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tobin took the words outta my mouth. Avergage ppl dont realize what else RG does other than nascar. I hoped joining DODGE could have put the program on the right track but it didnt seem to. But it doesnt matter following RG is an adventure in alot of things . I take alot guff for watching him in nazicar but he makes up for it with all the off road stuff. Plus your not just a fa of RG you a fan of RGM adn everything that falls under that banner.
My take on RGM issues this year is this... He just switched to Dodge, just formed his alliance with Penske for power and believe it or not it may take some time to get everything lined up and communication lines flowing like they should between all the different businesses that come with a manufacturer swap. Oh, and then there is sponsorship! Launch your own business and need to get the sales to a point where it can support a cup series team??? Yep that may take a lot of time on Robby's part! I see why he cut the schedule for this year. He has LOTS of things to tend to and get people in line to operate the business side of things so he can go do the racing part. We as fans just need to take this year for the team. Hang on til next season and look for the Speed shop to really get going strong in the next 6 months!
Ready for Daytona 2012!!! (plus a few road coarse races in between)
can someone please tell me why robby has not been racing will he run road course is he getting out of nascar?
Skip, you are a bad person.
CMON I WAS ONLY ASKING I AM ONLY A ROBBY FAN I AM FRUSTRATED ROBBY FAN
Skip - the answers are all over this site, as the question has been asked so often. You have managed to find your way here, so please take the time to do a bit of research. Or you could take a stab in the dark and think of what it is that makes the world go around and cars go faster.

Hint - $

When Robby is not at a NAPCAR event he is off running one of his other rides, ie short coarse or Baja, or working on distribution deals. In doing so is gaining more exposure to HIS brand and putting more $ into HIS team.

I do not mean to come off as a a$$, but you have posted where the true fans are expressing themselves. Had you taken a few minutes to do check some of the other posts you could have saved yourself from this.

Cheers

ps- $hit Skip you even asked if he was running the full year on Jan 11th. You have had PLENTY of time answer the stupid F'in question yourself. It may be time for you to move over to Dale Jr. and become a fan boy. From what I gather they are a pretty simple lot.
WELL EXCUSE ME FOR SAYING BUT YES YOU ARE BEING AN A$$..YOU QUESTION IF IM A REAL FAN? I AM A ROBBY GORDON FAN ONLY..NOT A NASCAR FAN IF ROBBY ISNT RUNNING I DONT WATCH ,DIDNT REALLY LIKE THE DALE JR COMMENT EITHER.NOT TRYING TO STIR UP ANYTHING I HAD A QUESTION YOU CLEARLY WERE OFFENDED BY IT ,DONT FORGET WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM
Very simple: Robby is ONLY running 16-20 races in 2011. That means 16-20 races he WILL NOT run. So that means there will be weekends where RG WILL NOT be at a Nascar track.
So what are you saying?......He's only raci...........I was watching the race when Rob got the chance to climb into the #28. I Was watching home improvement the night he was on it (with a girl who was a fan of the show. I feel compelled for some reason to say so) I had no idea he was going to be on that night but........
I recall Rob running out of gas in the damn INDY 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I don't recall is the exact time I became a "FAN". A heavy fan I am I am a fan as heavy as I am. As I recall going fishing as a child I don't recall the day I became a "FISHERMAN". A fisherman I am as I fish as often as I can.
Most things in life are like that for myself as i'm sure for others as well. I care very much about the health and welfare of innocent children but I don't recall the day I became a hater of those that offend. But I offend those who hate and hate those who offend and never pretend with the love that I send. There is fiber embedded in all of us and for myself being a Robby Gordon fan is as deep as being a fan of fireworks or a fan of seeing a total stranger trip on an acorn laying on the sidewalk. And I must say it feels great, one regret I have to say is that I was sitting in turn 10 at Watkins Glen the race Robby spun Jeffy in turn one on the final lap, and while I was making my attempt at sneaking into the paddock entrance between the coach lot and paddock I missed my chance to yell to Jeff "Robby Got You" or worse. The jumbotron showed it but it was hard to tell what happened from the camera angle and I moved quickly to the paddock area. You see Jeff came by on his cart and just whizzed by all "HIS FANS" while other drivers stopped and signed and what not. I felt sad for them.... truly sad as for them as, happy for myself for being a Robby fan. Embedded in my fiber somewhere some how who cares why or when, it gives me a corner to be in when all these so called fans gather and misread themselves and the sport that's for sure.
Me too.
"A Fan... I Am......." 2
Another epic post. Well said MM!

I could write a full page on being an RG fan.
But I will say one thing quickly.

No matter what somebody thinks about another person and their loyalty....

Some post more than others. Some log on more than others. The diveresity on here is amazing.
Credit to TOG and crew. You have family and extended family/team members. Fans of 20+years, And the person that just picked up their first can of SPEED and is now following the man.
We are all here for the same reason.

I'm just glad to have the Planet. GAS ON!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service