There is alot of talk over on RDC about race mile 110-130 at this years Baja 500 being ridiculously step nasty switchbacks, loose up hills and down hills, large rocks etc. TT guys like Andy Mcmillen and many other racers are very out spoken about how unrace/drivable this section is. I would not be surprised if it changed but Anyone heard/read about this, thoughts? Thoughts about RG and the hummer being so much narrower, smaller, lighter etc than the comp through this section.

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Forgot to mention Central inflation will be a huge advantage through this it appears
Agreed. the smaller hummer will be great on those Narrow roads...as long as your not stuck behind a TT. Plus the steepness should not be a problem. The dunes in Africa and S. America are gnarly and thats where the hummer takes charge. Gas on
"The Hummer Eats Sand"
didn't Robby refer the Hummer's abilities in this terrain and that was one of the factors in choosing the Hummer during Saturdays LOD interview.Start at 1:14:00 and enjoy!
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14867476/highlight/174050
Does anybody know where the souvenir trailer is going to be?
It should be at contingency row which is right in the middle of the Ensenada on Costero Blvd in front of the Riviera Center on Friday the 3rd. If you have not been, this is certainly the place to be on Friday.

From SCORE website:

"A new road was recently constructed from the Santa Catarina Indian Village to reach the Summit.
SCORE is fully aware of the extremely difficult uphill and downhill that exists at Race Mile 110.
Heavy equipment arrived at this location on Wednesday, May 25 and will begin repairing this area."
I saw that. Looks like SCORE is seriously obligated to run this section.

I think it is great as long as it is safe. The course was due for a change and added challanges. It is Baja....
From what it sounds like Score might not have another option but to run this area. It has been getting tougher to put races on in Baja as it is in the States. Mexico's Government wants the races, but many of the ranchers and farmers who have allowed Score and others to race on their land have had enough. The Ranchers are suppose to get paid, yet I have heard stories for years about getting stiffed and not getting what they were promised or having the pay not cover the damage that was done. Many ranchers quit allowing the racers to pass threw due to the lack of respect and not closing gates behind themselves allowing the ranchers cattle to get out. Or the gates themselves get damaged.
Hey thanks you guys for this Thread and input. I am all new to this and very interested, in any extra info....Thanks
score did cut out new section

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service