Atlanta post qualifying quotes from Robby Gordon:

ROBBY GORDON (No. 7 SPEED Energy Dodge Charger R/T): HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TRYING TO QUALIFY EACH WEEK? “The reality is today I can’t find enough sponsors to run the whole race. But if you just stay home you don’t learn. The deal is this gives us the opportunity to come learn and we’re not the only ones doing it. As much as it hurts everybody hearing me do it, it hurts me to do it. I’m a racer and I want to go out and compete and race people but the first thing we have to do is we have to learn how to qualify so that we can race people and we’re working on that very hard.”

ARE YOU ENCOURAGED BY THE RUN? “I’ve always liked Atlanta. Our Dodge Charger is good. It’s our own powerplant with Joey Arrington so we’re obviously making enough power to make the show so I’m happy about that.”

Views: 2937

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's part of the equation!
the foundation is being laid next step is speed sales to continue their upward trend make enough money,use it wisely and compete with the rich boys that's all they are give me an even playing field and i will take robby 10 times out of 10
TOG will hate me for this but, the engine Carl Long got busted by NASCAR for being to large in displacement was a older Ganassi Dodge engine that Arrington engines rebuilt for Carl Long. Then last year Whitney Motorsports was found to have illegal valves in an engine they purchased from Gillette Evernham and was rebuilt by Arrington. Arrington engines later took responsibility for the illegal valves but NASCAR still fined the #46 team $50,000 and suspended three team member for 6 weeks.

Now with saying that, Joey Arrington has been building NASCAR engines for a long time and if I remember right he was doing all the Dodge engines for Ganassi when they were with Dodge, and same with Bobby Hamilton. Both of those teams were very successful and Hamilton even won a Truck Championship with Arrington power. Starting in 2009 when Dodge started reducing it's support in NASCAR, Joey Arrington met with Toyota and became an engine builder for them and does Toyota engines for mostly Truck and NW teams, but has done a few Toyota engines for smaller Cup teams. For half the season last year Red Horse Racing was using Arrington Toyota power.
@Nikal, Longs engine came from Ernie Elliott and was an ex-Ganassi unit.
You are correct! My mistake. I did get the Ganassi part right! Now that you reminded me about Ernie Elliott, it might have been Ernie that built the Ganassi Dodge motors and not Arrington? I did double check and I was right about the Whitney infraction.
@Nikal, you are correct about the valve deal.That was also with the old version Dodge engine.Becouse Robby can run his or Roger's engines ,pretty fair bet the inventory is all the new engine (late 09 and 10)
Joey bought Ray Evernhams inventory & building. Comparing RG's Arrington deal to Carl Longs deal is apples to oranges.
That Carl Long engine penAlty was a joke and NASCAR completely screwed CL for having a worn out engine with far less HP
Joey built a nice shop here in Martinsville some years back. (Arrington Engines) it has a big Dodge landscape logo that you can't miss. Not sure if Joey still owns the building or not.
Speed sales aren't enough, if he can increase his distribution numbers and sales numbers high enough then he can start to attract more corprate sponsorship. As much as I'd like to see it, Speed alone is not going to support the whole race team for a season or seasons in the near future for that matter. Someday that may be the case, what we have to hope for is Robby improving his attempts in nascar and finding success in other forms of motorsport to spread the word and build his brand. But it won't happen with Speed alone he needs sponsors to step in now to help fund the development that is so much needed to really take this to the next level. I realize he is working at just that, being an RG fan it's hard to come to expect anything less. In that vein Toyo or Dodge covering the whole back half of the car (TT and Dakar) would be huge, just look at what General is doing in offroad! It's time for the corporations to realize what they have in Robby. This is not just another racer this a champion a winner on and off the racetrack who can and will make your investment worthwhile!!
the HUmmJEEP running GT would be nice since dodge and GT are together
Why would Robby go to General Tires, he's contracted to Toyo?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service