Another PR Nightmare For A Nascar Driver - His Sponsors Can't Be Happy Right Now

From Jayski - For the second time in a week a NASCAR driver is in trouble with the law. A.J. Allmendinger, driver of the #44 car, was arrested for drunk driving, Mooresville police say. Allmendinger was pulled over around 1:30 a.m. Thursday along Highway 150. According to police, Allmendinger blew a .08, which is the legal limit in North Carolina. Last week Mooresville police say alcohol was a factor in an accident involving NASCAR driver and team owner Michael Waltrip. Officers investigating the accident suspected Waltrip was drinking, but when he was given a field sobriety test, he registered a .06. In North Carolina the legal limit is .08

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dont Drink!
Per Jayski; AJ Allmendinger, driver for the #44 team in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has been placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2009. Allmendinger has violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2009 NASCAR rule book. (NASCAR PR)(10-29-2009)

So AJ gets a DUI and gets probation from NASCAR and MW is drinking just under the legal limit and hits a motorcycle and gets nothing but a minor traffic citation? So what does MW have to do to get probation? Hell the guy wads a truck up in a tree and flee's the scene. A witness saw him crash, saw him take off and questioned his soberness. He then hits a motorcyclist and is found to have a .06 blood alcohol level in his system and yet and yet Mooresville PD & NASCAR do not see any problems with this. Is DW that big and powerful that he can keep his brother out of trouble?
MW's dating Mr. France....
I dont like Mikey but I think he can do better than Mr. France.
Nascar Has To Make A Stand And At Least A 1 Race Site Down . I like AJ , and I Hope He Does Well But Nascar Does Not Need This Kind Of Thing !
Unless you're POS.
Yeah,,is there really a difffernece (for being placed on probation by Nascar purposes) between .08 and no accident and .06 involved in an accident where alocohol was a contributing factor as per the police report? LOL

Unreal..
Time for Best Buy to pull their 2010 sponsorship of the #43 car with AJ and get the 2nd car going at RGM
with Bobby. RPM can not be happy with AJ after this.
this is how it starts..........haha just kidding

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service