Another PR Nightmare For A Nascar Driver - His Sponsors Can't Be Happy Right Now

From Jayski - For the second time in a week a NASCAR driver is in trouble with the law. A.J. Allmendinger, driver of the #44 car, was arrested for drunk driving, Mooresville police say. Allmendinger was pulled over around 1:30 a.m. Thursday along Highway 150. According to police, Allmendinger blew a .08, which is the legal limit in North Carolina. Last week Mooresville police say alcohol was a factor in an accident involving NASCAR driver and team owner Michael Waltrip. Officers investigating the accident suspected Waltrip was drinking, but when he was given a field sobriety test, he registered a .06. In North Carolina the legal limit is .08

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dont Drink!
Per Jayski; AJ Allmendinger, driver for the #44 team in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has been placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2009. Allmendinger has violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2009 NASCAR rule book. (NASCAR PR)(10-29-2009)

So AJ gets a DUI and gets probation from NASCAR and MW is drinking just under the legal limit and hits a motorcycle and gets nothing but a minor traffic citation? So what does MW have to do to get probation? Hell the guy wads a truck up in a tree and flee's the scene. A witness saw him crash, saw him take off and questioned his soberness. He then hits a motorcyclist and is found to have a .06 blood alcohol level in his system and yet and yet Mooresville PD & NASCAR do not see any problems with this. Is DW that big and powerful that he can keep his brother out of trouble?
MW's dating Mr. France....
I dont like Mikey but I think he can do better than Mr. France.
Nascar Has To Make A Stand And At Least A 1 Race Site Down . I like AJ , and I Hope He Does Well But Nascar Does Not Need This Kind Of Thing !
Unless you're POS.
Yeah,,is there really a difffernece (for being placed on probation by Nascar purposes) between .08 and no accident and .06 involved in an accident where alocohol was a contributing factor as per the police report? LOL

Unreal..
Time for Best Buy to pull their 2010 sponsorship of the #43 car with AJ and get the 2nd car going at RGM
with Bobby. RPM can not be happy with AJ after this.
this is how it starts..........haha just kidding

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service