Another PR Nightmare For A Nascar Driver - His Sponsors Can't Be Happy Right Now

From Jayski - For the second time in a week a NASCAR driver is in trouble with the law. A.J. Allmendinger, driver of the #44 car, was arrested for drunk driving, Mooresville police say. Allmendinger was pulled over around 1:30 a.m. Thursday along Highway 150. According to police, Allmendinger blew a .08, which is the legal limit in North Carolina. Last week Mooresville police say alcohol was a factor in an accident involving NASCAR driver and team owner Michael Waltrip. Officers investigating the accident suspected Waltrip was drinking, but when he was given a field sobriety test, he registered a .06. In North Carolina the legal limit is .08

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It wasn't his breath. He was just holding it for a friend.
LOL!!! And driving for the King no less... whose mommy wouldn't even let him put a beer sponsor on his car. As if keeping Kahne registered to Gillett really meant something.
He must have blew a .08 at the station and not on the scene. If he were to have blown a .08 at the scene, then they would've have probably let him go or still charged him with it, but probably would have been dropped. Under nc law, you can be charged with a dwi if you are at a .06 i believe, but it is the officers call! More than likely, he blew the .08 at the station and on the scene or while driving he was around a .10 I would bet! I hope though that nascar doesn't screw him over too bad, but then again, who knows, people make mistakes and you learn from those!
I know in Cali a .08 is a DUI/DWI. If you blow a .06 you can and most likely will be charged with a "Wet Wreckless" which is a DUI or DWI with a lesser charge. And if their is an accident or any injury's involved, the charges will be definitely be a DUI and other charges will be added. So if NC's charges are about the same and if MW blew a .06, then what else was MW blowing to get no DWI charges filled against him when his drinking and driving, and also had an accident involving a motorcycle rider?
The positive note to this is he has accepted full responsibility and is embracing his mistake.
embracing his mistake with another drink? :P
Ive seen other athletes from other sports fight the allegations when they knew they were guilty,however AJ has wasted no time in accepting fault.
I know. I read his statement, just poking fun at it.
He was driving home after having "dinner with friends" at 1:30 AM!! That's some late night dinner. Musta had the seafood pasta in wine sauce and ice cream with a cognac sauce for dessert.
I swear to drunk i'm not God!!!
If I am correct, I remember Patty Petty being a member of MADD and we all know that the Petty's have strong feelings about alcohol. I wouldn't want to be AJ right now. As for his sponsors. I know a car they can sponsor!!!
ouch!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service