Another PR Nightmare For A Nascar Driver - His Sponsors Can't Be Happy Right Now

From Jayski - For the second time in a week a NASCAR driver is in trouble with the law. A.J. Allmendinger, driver of the #44 car, was arrested for drunk driving, Mooresville police say. Allmendinger was pulled over around 1:30 a.m. Thursday along Highway 150. According to police, Allmendinger blew a .08, which is the legal limit in North Carolina. Last week Mooresville police say alcohol was a factor in an accident involving NASCAR driver and team owner Michael Waltrip. Officers investigating the accident suspected Waltrip was drinking, but when he was given a field sobriety test, he registered a .06. In North Carolina the legal limit is .08

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dave-O: 6'5", 300lbs. Pure Canadian Bacon.
6'6" 305 lbs.
yeah your an idiot!!!
6'2 185 comon fellas.....
I was just thinking about this.. .08 really isn't all that drunk.. Think about it people.. I know there are alot of people on here that like to drink.. It doesn't take much at all to get to the "Limit".
Uhmm see above....yeah it does

a handy tool....

http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

at 220 I can have 4 beers in an hour and be at .05.....which is legal...if I know Im driving I will NEVER even come close to having 4 beers in an hour.... nor certainly ever think driving at that point it is a good idea....lol..

I may have 2-3 beers all night over 4-5 hrs which leaves me at basically nothing..but usually wont even have any if I am driving
Thanks for weighing in on this. I was waiting for your response knowing it would be the most informational.
I have a Lieutenant on the NJ Sate Police I graduated law school with who is in charge of training troopers on administering field sobriety tests and the breathilyzer.

They have their non trooper buddies volunteer on a Saturday morning to come down and they run the tests on them sober to see what a normal person does while attempting them.

They then spend the next hour serving them drink to get them above the legal limit of .08 an then run the tests again...its quite comical...

I can tell you t takes a lot of drinks to get there in an hour, especially for any decent size man.

Also remember, its based on certain DEFINED definitions of a drink. A 16 oz pint of an imported beer that is higher in alcohol content than say Coors light would actually count as basically 2 drinks on that chart due to volume and the higher alcohol %.

So two Bass Ale 16 oz pints in an hr is like 4 drinks and would get you near the .07 level at 195 most likely....just like the 23oz Brewtus at Applebees isnt "1 drink" ..lol

Just as if a shot you do is more then 80 proof...Chart then is udnerstating the effects of that shot..plu smost bars pour heavy anyway...Again a volume and alcohol % difference,
HAHAHAH! Amen on Artie! LOL :)

We attys are a slippery folk.....lol
Way back when we lived in Jersey there was a Phila radio host who would "agree to participate" in this same experiment on air right around New Year's Eve. He was hysterical. Start out all cool and collected but once he started to lose it, he was downright funny. And after the effects were noticeable he quickly went from buzzed to trashed.
So, wait, you're telling me that the Big Gulp cup filled with Jim Beam and ice counts as more than one drink?

Damn! Good thing I don't have to drive from my recliner to my bed. The stairs are a pisser sometimes though....
"Uh, Officer(or judge, or family of the person you killed), "I'm not really all that drunk". Come on Jack, get with the program.
Where i live if you are at the limit and not over it is a 24hr. supension from driving. You forfeit your license to the officer and pick it up at the station 24hr later, it's zero tolerance......

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service