Sprint Cup entry list has Scott Wimmer in a 77, a second Robby Gordon car.

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More ventures more headaches, get one trying to work, gettin far behind in everything.
What flavor would be the second car? I know Robby is driving the pink one or is he? Speed is doing well, I know I have to order mine here in the BayArea.
If I had my guess...Wimmer will be in a Fast Five / SPEED car...showing more love to the sponsor.
Just outa curiosity, why not the 07. And I would have to guess we may see two RGM cars at the roadies again. Saaaafknweeeeet
Its Childress' number.
That doesn;t matter as he doesn't actively use it. Red Bull took the shot that Stewart Haas didn't (using the #4 even though they would have to go 104 if Morgan McClure showed up at Daytona) Robby does have rights to the 07....the #107...but if the 07 isn;t at the track then you can use 07 (whereas if RCR's 07 was there...Robby would have to go with the 107 on the side).
I believe NASCAR assigns the numbers. You can't just decide to show up in the number 3 car(or any other car) and expect to use it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
44th in points with 24 is the 77 with Roger Penske listed as the owner. #7 is locked in. Help #77 make the race and take the points and $$ from someone outside the top 35.

Steven Wallace used the 77 at Daytona in a deal with his dad and Roger.

Roger has a big weekend - 3 cars in the Indy 500 and maybe 4 (2, 22, 7, 77) in the Coke 600. Fast Five (Dodge), Speed Energy on the 77? Lots of media coverage for both events.
So now in light of the second entry will there be a "crew to pit" the car and run a testing deal or in what full capacity is this being brought on. A simple start and collect a check is what it is and hell i'd have to lick a lot of stamps to get what is being paid to the driver so i'm not turning my nose up or anything but i'll push the issue and say if RGM gets a second car in would the organization be open to putting a sticker on it a from a sponsor and run the whole race. Yeah i'm a dreamer, how else do you get to experience nightmares? Not that sponsors are falling all over one another to get a coveted Nazicup car under there banner but I dought there are any photos of Rob with his eyes closed as i'm sure anything can happen.
There you go, a post Monday ramble of rabble ready to read.
If the 77 makes the show, Pit Crew of One will have it covered.
The RGM connection to Penske is getting real interesting. My guess is RGM worked a deal with Penske like RWM for use of the 77 number. So many questions, such as is Penske suppling the car and the pit crew to go with it? Is it a start and part if it makes the show? It is a good move to get some more TV time for SPEED and will put some coin in RGM's kitty.
RWM worked a deal with Penske so the 77 could be LOCKED in at Daytona. As far as using 77 this week is concerned, it probably went something like this:

Robby: Rodger (or Mr. Penske sir), are you running Sam in the 77 at Charlotte?
Rodger: No.
Robby: Cool. Can I use it to run a second car?
Rodger: Sure can. Why don't you use that Fast Five sponsor on it again to keep Fox on their toes. By the way, what do you think about that shuck Andretti? His cars couldn't even beat out the maid of honor at the Royal Wedding a few weeks ago. So now he is going to buy out a couple of cars to get his in the field.
Robby: Sounds like a Waltrip move to me. Thanks for the number and good luck this weekend at Indy.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service