A week after Red Bull, Crown Royal Announces Leaving Roush

Another sponsor announces they will change their sponsorship strategy...and Crown Royal's future doesn't include Matt Kenseth's 17 car and Roush Racing.

With Jack Daniel's and Jim Beam gone from Nascar, Crown Royal will now follow. After years of trying to break into the sport, all three liquor companies have changed their marketing strategy to exclude Nascar team sponsorship. Jack Daniel's and Jim Beam left in 2009, but Crown Royal still had 2 more years left on their agreement. Crown Royal has informed Roush they too would not return after this year.

Official Statement from Crown Royal: In evaluation of our NASCAR programming and after much consideration, we have made the decision to make a strategic shift to focus our resources against our annual Crown Royal "Your Name Here" program which awards race naming rights to an adult fan. The Your Name Here program has provided NASCAR fans with an experience that is unrivaled in sports and in recent years has shed light on some of the remarkable military servicemen and servicewomen who proudly serve our country. We look forward to elevating this program as well as continuing our presence in the sport through an experience that our fans have grown to love. The specific details regarding how we will honor these heroes at next year's entitlement will be announced at a later date.
In shifting our strategy, we will end our sponsorships with Roush Fenway Racing and NASCAR upon the conclusion of the 2011 season. We have developed strong relationships with the people at both organizations - they have not only been fantastic business partners, but have also become our friends. We thank them for working with us throughout the years to showcase the importance of our social responsibility initiatives. We look forward to a strong finish to the 2011 season and like the many fans we've gained along the way, we'll never stop rooting for the #17 car on its way to Victory Lane.(Crown Royal PR)

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know I mentioned it once before, but it would be nice for the TV mouths to ID the cars by the sponsors - Speed Energy Dodge, Lowes Chevy, Motorcraft Ford. Is that not why many of these sponsors put the money out there - ADVERTISING, and not just a hope to get a quick flash on TV in between the chosen ones.

And yes, NAPCAR needs to stop stealing sponsors from the teams.
With unimployment over 15% nationally and no job creation in site does any of this surprise any of you. Jobs are created by big business and when the current administration......and I don't mean just Barry, doesn't change how it runs our country it will only get worse. Folks you are seeing history being made right now unless we all stand up for our liberty in 2012 you will loose it FOREVER.

Just an opinion from an old VETERAN..............
AMEN, GTX-HEMI, AMEN.....and THANK YOU for your service to our country
I completely agree with you. As long as WE allow these CEO's, upper management and share holder's rape and pillage what is left if the midle class while they pursue large profits, it will continue. Somewhere, some time we can only hope the take their blinders off and see what harm they are causing our counrties (I am living in Canada but a US citizen and veteran of Desert Storm). It has become a visious circle. We loose our jobs so the company can make more money. Then we have to look for cheaper consumer good to keep our families fed and clothed - etc.
The thing that gripes me the most about the CEO's is that when they have layoffs, they get a larger bonus as a reward from the Board.
Back in the 70's you had a number of beer brands sponsoring cars full time. Now you have just 1 - Miller. Bud is part time on Harvick's 29. I wonder when Bud is gone?
In the 70's and 80's a NASCAR team sponsorship was probably closer to $6 million a year. Now they say a full time primary sponsor will pay around $18 million, and on top of that it is said the marking budget spent on advertising that team is around the same amount. So Bud could potentially be spending another $18 million on commercial, radio ads, print ads, in store promo's, at the track and race event promotions and then there is the corporate spending to send reps and business partners to the races and put them is suites and cater to their every need.

I was listening to a interview several years back with Norm Miller the CEO of Interstate Batteries. He is very close friends with Joe Gibbs and has supported his racing ventures from day one. I remember him saying they could not support the #18 full time anymore, but would always be apart of JGR in some capacity. If that meant only sponsoring the car at a few races then that is what it would be. He said the cost to sponsor a car has become more then Interstate Batteries and its Board of Directors could afford to spend. He said in order for Interstate's sponsorship dollars to see a return, Interstate was having to spend more then just the checks cut to JGR. He said in order to get the full benefit of the sponsorship you have to put promo's at all 200,000 dealers, buy TV commercial and magazine print. This is where the extra cost comes in.

Also if you think about it there are many track locations and towns where the sponsors advertising is not a good investment. Example is Robby has always said selling Pocono and I believe New Hampshire was a very hard sell. And does a sponsor have to be on every race to be known as the sponsor of that team? We think that the #29 is the Bud car, but do you know who else has been on the car this year and at what races? Jim Beam was only on the RGM #7 for half of the season, yet we all know Jim Beam as the #7. I doubt Jim Beam would have made more on their return if they paid for more races. They were on the premium races and that is what sells. When we thought of the #7 we thought Jim Beam, maybe Menards, but I bet that would be more die hard RG fans. The casual fan or none RG fan would probably think of Jim Beam only.
Here in New York they are trying to legalize bud, that should help the cause to keep such sponsorship. I for one don't like to get tangled in the constant debate and wrangling over political ideology or that which may be the cause for the current partial collapse of our economy. I feel most comfortable hiding within the boarders of being part of the lunatic fringe that although has strong and sound solutions to what could be very effective measures to induce a recovery and subsistence to this country not as a whole but rather a union of states, each producing and distributing to one another the means and resources needed to be that one eluding entity "one nation" yet can't do anything for lack of respect. However as it stands we are now treading our way through the swarf of a five decade long and drawn out up and down death that finds us as a culture swooned and held hostage by bargain goods that have a life expectancy not any longer than that of the many TV shows used to brainwash the masses into a deeper and more captivating existence. Intellectual ineptitude and fragmentation of the classes has left most of the current financial and economical sign posts that are the consumers being on a level to be thrown in with that whom can't even get an understanding for what could be called the modern day trivium. Thus we now see the industrial portion of our great fatherland buried in potters field being mourned by only fools like myself buying electric drills manufactured in 1955 at some garage sale, while it far outlasts the one the contractor bought from one of the endless china outlets it does little to fuel the economical barometer it serves as a grassroots foothold on what this country once was all the while serving me well. That whole whirlwind of self destruction, greed, regulation and failure can now be screamed into the deft ear of no turning back. And in the end there are no resources to cover the loss of what was the financial backbone of auto racing, in it's many forms. .....Here comes my boss, looking for some stupid reason to justify his job. I think today if he mentions one subject I don't care about or one opinion I don't agree with i'm gonna quit and go somewhere else, there are so many other jobs out there to chose from. Let them find someone else to shred documents and go blind trying to find a penny.

Are you kidding? Me........have a BOSS......Ha Ha Ha Ha
Here's a good indication of how far NASCAR has fallen:

When you purchase $150 in a single transaction with your Plus Card at any area Kroger family of stores Thursday, June 23rd thru Wednesday, June 29th, you’ll receive TWO (2) FREE Tickets (a value of $180) to the Brickyard 400.

On the flip side, IndyCar had more fans show up at Iowa Speedway last weekend than they had seats.
Talk about a loss leader and it is amazing how far the mighty Nascar has fallen. A few years ago, NASCAR had more fans attending the Indy race then F1 before the tire debacle.
I hope NASCRAP folds, it is sort of headed that way. Atleast it will open up sponsorship money for some meaning full racing series so us fans can really enjoy our Sundays. I love road courses, but even Sonoma was not as exciting as I rememeber it. More of grudge match then pure wheel to whee racing.
With the cost of building cars the way it is and everything that goes with it, wind tunnel to engine and everything in between that word meaningful can apply to how meaningless or should I say useless it is to put fourth a good show and tear one up. One platform RGM rests on i'm sure when looking at a race is that damn smashed up car, last year he had to be sick. "We just Killed it" can apply to a lot of things when the crumbler comes calling your way. Not sure why I posted twice on this topic, NAZICAR sponsorship has always pissed me of with all its heads. It's like the Hydra biting in every direction and no escape.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service