Teams have learned in today's super competitive world of NA$CAR, you can't have any throw-away tracks. This is why teams have zoned in on road courses. Not only stepping up the car program but sending drivers to Bob Bondorant's school, hiring coaches, etc.
It looks to me like if Robby intends to stay in NA$CAR, & really wants to be a better than 30th place team. Then it's time to put a full court press on the short tracks, Martinsville, in particular. I don't know how much info the Toyota teams share, but the car needs to be better. If you look at Robby's M'ville stats, (beyond ugly) it can't all be the car. We all know that Robby's background is not short track racing. There are plenty of accomplished drivers available who do have this background, & have had success on these tracks. Ricky Rudd, Sterling Martin, Rickey Craven. Hire a coach, take some time, & work on this. Today, tools are available that weren't previously. There are some very good simulators, so you don't have to drag a car to a track to test. With four short track races a season, even if Robby can improve to mid pack. The results should show in the points.
As a dedicated fan, last week hurt to watch. As a team, to have experienced this had to have hurt more. What they have been doing hasn't worked. It seems to me, that it's time to try something else.

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Like the track itself this discussion has inspired some heated exchanges. It's amusing really because we follow one of the most stubborn drivers on the circuit. Will he ever improve at M-ville - I'm not holding my breath on that one because I truly believe he hates the place.
The season is just getting started,Robby puts alot of pressure on himself by racing in every race that comes along.I think that RGM should hire another driver,either for NASCAR or for OFFROAD.You cant do both and be the best at one,or maybe you can,if anyone can do it, Robby can.Texas should be a breakout race for Robby,this track suits him pretty well.Also for all the nay sayers if Robby can finish well at Texas,top 10-15,win one of the road races,finish top 5 on the other one,eliminate DNFs this season could turn out OK.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service