Did anyone see The Speed Report on the Speed Channel last night? RG was interviewed in the garage area because ASO is supposed to be announcing today that the 2010 edition of The Dakar will be returning to South America. Robby said that Team USA will be returning and will be running a minimum of two cars but probably four. He said "We're a couple of weeks away from the final ink on the third deal and there's a lot of interest in the fourth car." Has anyone heard anything about this fourth car?

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say keep it simple . Three Hummers max. It would be a no-brainer to have BJ drive one of them, the talent is there.. I just don't think he comes with the cash to back his car. Things can always change?
I doubt BJ has money problems. He has a multi-year deal with General Tire that won't help Robby since he is with Toyo. In better economic times maybe MGM Mirage might throw some sponsorhip dollars Robby's way for Dakar.Several of the execs run offroad.
There are these 2 drivers without a manufacturer, Luc Alphand and Stephen Peterhansel who might be interested in that ride...they're pretty decent...lol
No shit. Flood the field with four vehicles now that Mitsubishi is out. And who the hell goes after BJ Baldwin if Peterhansel or Alphand is on the table? Thats like passing up Jeff Gordon for David Gilliliand....
A 1,2,3,4 sweep at Dakar would be pretty cool....Kinda like Roush finishing 1-5 in the champi..uh...wait..
Well if VW and Mitsubishi's are no shows and the driver lineup has RG, BJ and Peterhansel....then a 1,2,3 really wouldn't be all that reasonable.

It would just piss a lot of people off to have Peterhansel win in a Hummer....that guy is pure bad ass at the Rally Raids....
Valid point Grey, but imo BJ is more capable than he's credited for. BJ did great in the CER for TD USA. Besides how does BJ step up his game to be on that level without a ride? What better team for him than TD USA?
I mean in 2010 we'll have an American, a Frenchy,& a what, Chiliean? I'm a lil hesitant with the TD USA title when the H3's,& one driver are what come from USA. Besides if all 3 of them walk into a bar, it sounds like the begining of a bad joke.
I'm not knocking BJ. I'm really not. He's great in SCORE and he did fantastic in the CER (finished ahead of Robby).

But seriously.....given the choice of Peterhansel or Baldwin, you would HAVE to take Peterhansel....
This is excatly what I asked Robby himself last Friday. If Alphand and Peterhansel ask him to join his team. He said it is possible, "I really like Peterhansel, he is a realy cool guy." If Peterhansel joins TD USA. I'm sure Robby is going to make sure who the lead/primary driver is. At the same time, Peterhansel and Alphand might to talk to Mercedes to start a new group. I don't there was a single Mercedes this year.
"dum for posting somthing form" that's funny
I vote for BJ as well and Bill as navigator........and, me as part of the pit crew!!!
Hey with the current situation at GM and talk of Hummer getting the axe, what will RGM be driving?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service