Some good Robby memories from Atlanta

My favorite Robby moment from Atlanta, however was in 2006 in the spring. He woulda, shoulda, coulda, won the race if not for 2...count them...2 flat tires. Still he had the best car.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite Atlanta moment was Tony reaming Goodyear after the tires made one of the best tracks on the circuit into one of the biggest jokes on the circuit! And besides that RG usually runs pretty damn well there!
Goodyear did what they had to do to put a tire on the car that would not explode from the forces seen on the right front. Hard to drive? Yes. Safer, most definately. Tony Stewart is a moron when it comes to tires, you can quote an ex tire engineer on that.

As far as 2006, that race was the one that got away.
I was looking for the rollbar pad video when NBC bombarded his hauler after the race. RG had the worst poker face when questioned about the padding.Anybody have that video ?
I looked for it too. No luck yet
Robby Gordon - "I cannot tell a lie!"

I win, thank me later ha classic video.
classic..funny as hell
he looked like the cat that ate the canary!! That was funny shit I had forgotten about that!
I still dont get what the big deal was about that roll bar padding crap. Its comon practice in nascar to do that crap to get a yellow! Hell Dale sr. was famous for it! It just ALWAYS seems that when its Rob and if he is even close to any wrong doing in nascar he gets HAMMERED!

p.s. hope somebody stuffs cousin carl in the wall sunday.... f n punk....
lol im really not an angry man! LOL!!!!!!!! BTW TOG great job on the site!
JUST

STAY

ON

THE

LEAD

LAP
Hahaha "what do you see?"
The fall 2004 race was great. Robby was 4th or 5th in the FOTL Busch car and had a great run on sunday untill somthing went wrong with the breaks on the # 31. He was one of the best cars that day and there were only about ten cars on the lead lap near the end and he was running top 5.
That was my first visit to Atlanta. Love it.
And I saw a massive grass hopper on a wall under the stand, the ones we get here in the UK are tiny !

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service