So let's get down to it. What are the chances any of this happens?

We've heard so many rumors coming out of the nascar world recently, and yet nothing..I stress...NOTHING has happened. Here we are 3 months from the 2009 Daytona 500 and I can't believe that so many major changes can actually take place with so little time. So let's make predictions, PTI style. What are the chances that:

GEM goes to Toyota?

Petty merges with DEI?

Petty merges with Ganassi?

RGM merges with DEI?

RGM merges with Penske?

Scott Riggs has a ride next year?

Rusty Wallace comes back and drives for DEI?

Dodge is gone before next season?

Bill Davis, and the Wood Brothers are here next year?

DEI has more than 2 teams show up at Daytona?

Answer any or all that you want. I'm personally just sick of hearing about the possabilites. Either something happens or it doesn't.

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think about 90% of those senarios hinge on whether Dodge still exists past the first week in November. I'd say that is the first domino that has to fall.
I think that Butterknife is right... Everything hinges on Dodge. We know Cerberus is shopping Chrysler around to many overseas car makers and that Chrysler and Nissan have two joint ventures underway... Small car and pickup truck. I wonder if next year we will see Robby driving a Maxima with a Dodge nose!
Rusty Wallace all ready said that he wasn't coming back. That was just Herman being Herman, and trying to get him to come back.
no
not unless dodge leaves
not unless dodge stays
not unless hell freezes over
this would be the best for RGM (but robby cant play nice)
yes
not a full schedule if at all
only time will tell
yes
depends on sponsorship i say no
I think you'll see some things happen for sure. Like most said, alot has to do with Dodge. It's no secret Dodge is in major financial trouble and trying to find a buyer.

I think the GEM deal is a definite, I'd be surprised if GEM didn't buy the #22 team and switch to Toyota.
I think the Petty team will merge, most likely with Ganassi, not DEI. Petty sticking with Dodge.
I think Wood Bros is trouble...no sponsor, no driver...with JTG moving to MWR it killed Wood Bros future.
No Rusty comeback.
Scott Riggs has a ride, he announced that at Dega...just hasn't said where or with who yet (DEI?)
Dodge will be back.
RGM likely stays with Dodge at leases engines from Penkse.
Would Jack Roush come to the rescue (again) and save the Woods as he did Yates?
GEM goes to Toyota?
80%

Petty merges with DEI?
5%

Petty merges with Ganassi?
70%

RGM merges with DEI?
0%

RGM merges with Penske?
0%

Scott Riggs has a ride next year?
5%

Rusty Wallace comes back and drives for DEI?
0%

Dodge is gone before next season?
50%

Bill Davis, and the Wood Brothers are here next year?
0%

DEI has more than 2 teams show up at Daytona?
20%

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service