Keeping it real about Charlotte and the rest of the races from here on out.

I just got off the phone with Robby. Just remember he is a fan of The Planet too... Robby reads this site and so do his crew guys. Please be cognizant of that.

Here is the deal. Robby has two new tire changers that he claims to be way faster than the previous gentlemen. I think he is correct.

Many jump to conclusions of what happened last night. What happened was the rear tire changer was removing the nuts and as you may know there is a spring in the socket that ejects the nuts so the socket is empty when the gun lands on the next nut. Well the freak luck would be when the nut ejected in mid air and the when the changer went for the next nut he caught the last nut sideways (90*) in the socket and it wedged in. These things happen to the best of them and is a part of racing, golf, football or whatever. Shit happens.

As for the exchange between 2 and 4 tires. This was a simple mistake with everyone included, including Robby. Nobody expected the golden nut to do what it did and it threw off the whole stop. Less than two months ago this wouldn't have been a factor taking two because the cars were set up different. The left front is so light now they lock up on flat ground because there is no weight on the tire due to the massive wedge it takes to get this car to work. So in the past we would have taken two and been back on the track. Live and learn boys and girls.

Robby is very excited about the entire crew he has now. He is very happy with Kirk and very very happy with the thoughts and execution by Johnny. Robby really feels he has the best cars ever and as you seen last night during their home game he was fast. Robby is still training his spotter and sees great things for both of them. He has dumped everyone for the most part and is replacing them with off-road guys. Robby feels this is better than bringing on the same pool of guys from Charlotte area.

No engineers, No NASCAR guys, Just imagineers.

Don't say... do

New ad out seeking offroad guys for NASCAR team.

Robby has a new doctrine: My way or the highway. No between

This will work for him.

So to sum it all up; good things are ahead of RGM and be nice to the crew because they are doing a very good job of busting their own balls when shit happens. They don't need to come here and get beat up. It's not good for moral and this is a direct request from Robby.

This is why The Uprising got flushed. People's feelings were getting hurt.

PS. Robby's new PRO2 is done and he is testing it next week for the Chula Vista race.

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anybody else realize that a few months ago the car would have had a car finish 30th and 5 laps down all by itself? Never been a contender for a lucky dog, never had a shot at leading a green flag lap. Shit happened, its frustrating, but the day I dont show any emotion when stuff goes wrong is the day I am NOT a fan.

That crew didnt know what to do, they had no backup ready. This is a professional race team, that shouldn't happen. The jackman wasn't even sure where to run to. Furthermore, 30 minutes before the race they cant find the spotter, to the point where they started to ask other teams. He failed to let Robby know who he was racing, cost us a lucky dog. Last week he failed to know Nascar rules and cost us a lucky dog. I mean seriously, I have the right to voice my opinion that is total shit. I would hope that any Robby fan would feel the same way, actually I hope Robby feels the same way himself. Your only as good as the people around you.
i agree.... also the spotter should have radioed in and told the cc rob locked the tires entering pit road and they should change 4..... huge mistake!
RG is training a new Spotter... RG's spotters are made not bought.

RG knows the issue with this. They are working on it..
OK guys, there were some mistakes on Sat.
Can we attempt to stay focused on the run they had going?
It's easy to beat up on employees that aren't here to defend themselves. In one of the previous pages, it was stated that this is also a new spotter,& Rob is working with him. Sounds like he's completely green.
I take that as a positive being Rob likes things done his way. So instead of un-training an experienced guy, Rob's training this guy his way. As for an air gun catching a lug mid-air, thats about as freak shit as you can get there.
The only thing I could criticize about all the khaos, is somebody has to calm down the driver. Furthermore, keep him in the loop.
An extra 10-15, shit 30 seconds in the pit would've been better then what happened. Easy to say, now that it's in hindsight. Just learn from it guys... live,& learn.
If you look at his year, it's been full of these freak incidents, it just shows what incredibly horrible luck he's having. So next year, let's hope he's worked through all of this bad karma. He's had a good car for many races. I would NEVER bash any of the crew. I think they do a great job most of the time. It's just the few mistakes that get all of the attention! We all make mistakes, it's part of life.
Lots of monday morning crew chiefs online.

I thought the team looked great. I listened to Kurt communicated on the Radio and I was impressed with how he worked with Robby to get the car in shape. I have felt in the past that the crew chiefs were talking down to Robby at first and that usually lead to backlash that ultimately resulted in them doing whatever Robby asked instead of being an active part of the decisions. What I saw on Saturday was a confident guy who seem to have is arms around the team and the car adjustments. He dealt well with the tire issue and he let Robby vent without prodding and that is the best approach. I was also impressed with his management of the car getting on and off pit road. He seemed to be good at communicating the traffic and the best way into the pit box. So many crew chiefs suck at this. The call they made to keep Robby out in front of the pack to get the lap back was also awesome as well. If the car wasn't hooked up that would have been a disaster.
The spotter needs some work. I am on track pass and am well aware of all cars between the number 7 and the lucky dog at all times. If I can do it, the spotter should be able to do it. I think he will come around.

I was excited to see so much progress on a 1.5 mile track. Despite the finish, this was a key turning point for future success.
kirk ALWAYS seems to keep his cool under fire
I've never heard anyone stay so calm. I don't know how he does it.
Thanks Fly. What a great run they were having and sometimes bad luck just happens. I am excited hear Robby's optism about his team and the advances that they have made this year with equipment. I think they will make some nice strides the rest of this year and 2009 is going to be a great year!
With the in-house changes and Imagineer Kaiser and the guys putting their talents to work, RG bringing people that he can work and work with him, this team is in the beginning stages of turning the corner. The lesson learned over the past few years is that the traditional status quo doesn't work anymore; not for RGM and not for a single car team with limited resources. Look at the Wood Bros. Steeped in tradition which may also prove to be their demise.

Now RG needs to get through Martinsville (Paybacksville) with the sheetmetal reasonably intact and a top 30 finish....
Somebody update the spotter! Steer clear of the 26 car - let him have PLENTY of room!
Hey, Fly, my man, when I spoke with Robby in Loudon in September he told me that he had been doing some house cleaning and he acted and sounded very pleased. His comment was "it's all good." Personally I'm thrilled with Kirk. He's making good decisions and his communication with RG is good. Spotter makes me a little crazy but I understand he is a work in progress and he has improved a lot. Wait til next year! As for the crew, these guys bust serious tail and sometimes they have little control over some of the wierd things that happen. They too will improve as they get used to working with each other!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service