Keeping it real about Charlotte and the rest of the races from here on out.

I just got off the phone with Robby. Just remember he is a fan of The Planet too... Robby reads this site and so do his crew guys. Please be cognizant of that.

Here is the deal. Robby has two new tire changers that he claims to be way faster than the previous gentlemen. I think he is correct.

Many jump to conclusions of what happened last night. What happened was the rear tire changer was removing the nuts and as you may know there is a spring in the socket that ejects the nuts so the socket is empty when the gun lands on the next nut. Well the freak luck would be when the nut ejected in mid air and the when the changer went for the next nut he caught the last nut sideways (90*) in the socket and it wedged in. These things happen to the best of them and is a part of racing, golf, football or whatever. Shit happens.

As for the exchange between 2 and 4 tires. This was a simple mistake with everyone included, including Robby. Nobody expected the golden nut to do what it did and it threw off the whole stop. Less than two months ago this wouldn't have been a factor taking two because the cars were set up different. The left front is so light now they lock up on flat ground because there is no weight on the tire due to the massive wedge it takes to get this car to work. So in the past we would have taken two and been back on the track. Live and learn boys and girls.

Robby is very excited about the entire crew he has now. He is very happy with Kirk and very very happy with the thoughts and execution by Johnny. Robby really feels he has the best cars ever and as you seen last night during their home game he was fast. Robby is still training his spotter and sees great things for both of them. He has dumped everyone for the most part and is replacing them with off-road guys. Robby feels this is better than bringing on the same pool of guys from Charlotte area.

No engineers, No NASCAR guys, Just imagineers.

Don't say... do

New ad out seeking offroad guys for NASCAR team.

Robby has a new doctrine: My way or the highway. No between

This will work for him.

So to sum it all up; good things are ahead of RGM and be nice to the crew because they are doing a very good job of busting their own balls when shit happens. They don't need to come here and get beat up. It's not good for moral and this is a direct request from Robby.

This is why The Uprising got flushed. People's feelings were getting hurt.

PS. Robby's new PRO2 is done and he is testing it next week for the Chula Vista race.

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last nights race was by far the best of the season. I was on the edge of my seat and I have no finger nails left. I think Robby could have beat all of the Penske cars with his own chassis. Says a lot about his driving abilities.

Keep it up and I will try to keep the negatives to a minimum.
I just got home from racing at Mid Ohio and I could not wait to watch the race. I was extremely pleased that I did not have to do a lot.of fast forwarding because Robby was doing so well, I did not want to miss anything. I am also happy to hear that RGM is not doing what every other team is doing. You will never beat the other big teams by running their chassis and engines except in a rare rain occurence. This COT is new enough that I feel "out of the box" thinking from many new sets of eyes will payoff big. Congrats to Robby for taking fyll control of the team, I would imagine the "full control" statement above was a reference to John Story and John Menard and GEM.

matt
I dont think John Menard ever did anything to limit RGM, only contributed money to it; as he will continue to do next year.
Thanks Fly! Great , honest post!!!! Onward and upward for RGM!!!
Robby has a new doctrine: My way or the highway. No between

This is new?????
Now it's a fresh start and the doctrine will be held.
I would think the off-road guys would be very familiar with this doctrine already, making it easier to be upheld. Here's hoping they help point RGM in the right direction, those guys don't make big $$$ for nothing.
thanks fli,tog for that info. i really don't want this site to go i enjoy talking to people on here and finding a lot of info on robby . i for one do not bash him or anyone else on here, nor do i like reading it. i have been a robby fan for about six years now and i have put up with alot of bashing being a robby fan, but i just ignore it and move on. ya know the old saying " walk a mile in my shoes" deal then maybe we would have a right to judge him.
Thanks, Fly. Actually thank you to all. I know very little about racing and I am definitly getting an education from all of you. Looking forward to the future 1 day at a time.
wow talk about a complete 180
Call me sceptical. Actions speak louder than one day's postings. All is good for now. I have held my thoughts to myself for the past few months. We shall see.
i meant for some members

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service