Keeping it real about Charlotte and the rest of the races from here on out.

I just got off the phone with Robby. Just remember he is a fan of The Planet too... Robby reads this site and so do his crew guys. Please be cognizant of that.

Here is the deal. Robby has two new tire changers that he claims to be way faster than the previous gentlemen. I think he is correct.

Many jump to conclusions of what happened last night. What happened was the rear tire changer was removing the nuts and as you may know there is a spring in the socket that ejects the nuts so the socket is empty when the gun lands on the next nut. Well the freak luck would be when the nut ejected in mid air and the when the changer went for the next nut he caught the last nut sideways (90*) in the socket and it wedged in. These things happen to the best of them and is a part of racing, golf, football or whatever. Shit happens.

As for the exchange between 2 and 4 tires. This was a simple mistake with everyone included, including Robby. Nobody expected the golden nut to do what it did and it threw off the whole stop. Less than two months ago this wouldn't have been a factor taking two because the cars were set up different. The left front is so light now they lock up on flat ground because there is no weight on the tire due to the massive wedge it takes to get this car to work. So in the past we would have taken two and been back on the track. Live and learn boys and girls.

Robby is very excited about the entire crew he has now. He is very happy with Kirk and very very happy with the thoughts and execution by Johnny. Robby really feels he has the best cars ever and as you seen last night during their home game he was fast. Robby is still training his spotter and sees great things for both of them. He has dumped everyone for the most part and is replacing them with off-road guys. Robby feels this is better than bringing on the same pool of guys from Charlotte area.

No engineers, No NASCAR guys, Just imagineers.

Don't say... do

New ad out seeking offroad guys for NASCAR team.

Robby has a new doctrine: My way or the highway. No between

This will work for him.

So to sum it all up; good things are ahead of RGM and be nice to the crew because they are doing a very good job of busting their own balls when shit happens. They don't need to come here and get beat up. It's not good for moral and this is a direct request from Robby.

This is why The Uprising got flushed. People's feelings were getting hurt.

PS. Robby's new PRO2 is done and he is testing it next week for the Chula Vista race.

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Uprising was doing just fine until some members thought it was all too "puppies and roses" for them and it wasn't "real" enough....boom the downfall
Eric you have to understand, if Robby made that site for fans and his team members to interact, why would he let it become a bashing site for all the world to see. Remember media members were on that site. Monster Joe was a member of that site. Im sure Jim Beam people were members of that site. What do you think they thought when they saw Robby's "loyal" fans bashing him and his team after every bad finish? Doesnt look to good does it. I'm happy to say that I stayed out of all the bashing and I can remember when I tried to get into the site and all of the sudden it was gone, it didnt suprise and I knew why it was shut down.
OK, how can I make this more clear. I certainly understand you. Now understand this, it wasn't because people were being too "critical". It was because people were being assholes.
Very much like you were in your "pussy" statement. Now with respect to TOG's previous comment, I'm done with you. If you don't get it, I can't help you.
I know what you meant,sticks and stones, etc.

Listen, most RG fans I have met AREN'T DUMMIES. They know the difference between a good run and a bad run. I just don't want people to get all upset over things they have no control over and last night was a good run with bad luck. The season is almost over, I am going to try and enjoy the races that are remaining.
Eric, though you now say you don't remember, you yourself launched a couple of personal attacks on me for positive posts I'd made. You really need to find a good 12 step program. I wasn't the only one you attacked. I think Robby got sick of reading the mean spirited posts from people against his real fans and crew.
I BACK ROBBY 100%!!!

Any suff I post is mostly media or rumor related, I try and keep fans up to date with info that has Robby linked in some sort of way...some are rumors or predictions by media people, but I think most fans would like to know.

I never bash Robby, or the crew...might poke fun (like I would with my friends) but, never bash.

IMO, I really believe RGM will be better than ever next year. The one thing Robby had happen this year that didn't happen the previous years as a car owner was struggle at both road courses. I know that has to be eating at him. I believe next year will be The Year! The win will come in 2009. I believe Robby has a solid plate program, solid road course program and is getting better on mile & half - two mile tracks. It will be the year RGM has been looking for.
I couldn't agree more zoom. If RG decides to stay with Penske/dodge i think he is building great momentum for next year. Even though the finish wasn't what everyone wanted last night it was still an outstanding run. If the team members stay intact through the offseason there will be great chemistry next season. The motors and new chassis, so far, look great. Next year is looking to be a good one for RGM, and the rest of this year isn't looking so shabby either.
Great news. Sounds like a different approach may be what is needed. I agree that the negative comments on this site or any other site can be damaging to the team, especially when the comments are not constructive or conducive to positive change. However, I also think that Robby needs to be less negative too, in the heat of the moment. I know it's easier said than done. It's easy to get angry when you are passionate about something and adrenaline is pumping, but it may not be the best for the team. Just my 2 "sense".
I have on question?
"Robby has two new tire changers that he claims to be way faster than the previous gentlemen?"

Did Chris lose his job?
http://robbyworld.ning.com/profile/CHRIS

should give you the info your lookin for
Thanks Mike
this is a fan site and real fans stick by their team nomatter what. robby wouldent make personel changes unless he thought they would help his team, to think otherwise is just stupid. RGM as had some hard luck this year. i atribute some of the problems to GEM it was obvious we where not geting the best equipment, and it was hard to build with that. now with the TTCOT and penske power we have a solid platform to build on. i feel VERY good about the rest of the year and 2009.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service