Keeping it real about Charlotte and the rest of the races from here on out.

I just got off the phone with Robby. Just remember he is a fan of The Planet too... Robby reads this site and so do his crew guys. Please be cognizant of that.

Here is the deal. Robby has two new tire changers that he claims to be way faster than the previous gentlemen. I think he is correct.

Many jump to conclusions of what happened last night. What happened was the rear tire changer was removing the nuts and as you may know there is a spring in the socket that ejects the nuts so the socket is empty when the gun lands on the next nut. Well the freak luck would be when the nut ejected in mid air and the when the changer went for the next nut he caught the last nut sideways (90*) in the socket and it wedged in. These things happen to the best of them and is a part of racing, golf, football or whatever. Shit happens.

As for the exchange between 2 and 4 tires. This was a simple mistake with everyone included, including Robby. Nobody expected the golden nut to do what it did and it threw off the whole stop. Less than two months ago this wouldn't have been a factor taking two because the cars were set up different. The left front is so light now they lock up on flat ground because there is no weight on the tire due to the massive wedge it takes to get this car to work. So in the past we would have taken two and been back on the track. Live and learn boys and girls.

Robby is very excited about the entire crew he has now. He is very happy with Kirk and very very happy with the thoughts and execution by Johnny. Robby really feels he has the best cars ever and as you seen last night during their home game he was fast. Robby is still training his spotter and sees great things for both of them. He has dumped everyone for the most part and is replacing them with off-road guys. Robby feels this is better than bringing on the same pool of guys from Charlotte area.

No engineers, No NASCAR guys, Just imagineers.

Don't say... do

New ad out seeking offroad guys for NASCAR team.

Robby has a new doctrine: My way or the highway. No between

This will work for him.

So to sum it all up; good things are ahead of RGM and be nice to the crew because they are doing a very good job of busting their own balls when shit happens. They don't need to come here and get beat up. It's not good for moral and this is a direct request from Robby.

This is why The Uprising got flushed. People's feelings were getting hurt.

PS. Robby's new PRO2 is done and he is testing it next week for the Chula Vista race.

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Fly. I generallly don't post on the other threads for the some of the reasons you stated above. I know what it's like to work for an organization where things don't go exactly perfect. It's hard enough to try and turn things around without constantly hearing that you aren't doing enough/or the right way. I have high hopes for RG and hopefully hiring people who speak his language will put things on the right path.
You're so right! I trust Robby to know what he needs to be doing and he doesn't owe us an explanations! Things will improve, it might take some time, but keep the faith!
Hi I'm paul, super fan of Robby Gordon ... On this step, unfortunately, this error in the rear tire ... I hope it will not happen again for Robby ... that is one of the best pilots in the world .. OFFF-road is the best for me and for low-california (where's me) is much admired .. I hope that in 1000 the low gnar can expect that any downward ... good luck.
Agreed thanks for the insight GAS ON
Well said!! Cant blame anyone for a air gun jam. The last 5 races are going to be momentum builders for next year. Get past Martinsville without incident and last 4 will be GRAVY. Nice work Robby and team and GREAT job on the chassis. I know one thing is for sure and that is hard work pays off. Now its time to reep the benifits.
I have been silent, so I am going to add this in also,Fly can back me up.

I have also been in contact with Robby on the phone over the past two weeks and I am doing all I can to make sure that this site runs smoothly. Just remember you are at least seeing a driver/owner who is trying to make changes,never getting into a comfort zone. He doesn't change stuff to make things harder on him, he does things to try to get BETTER.I know all of us at one point might not agree with what he does,but at the end of the day he does sign the checks.The car this weekend was fantastic and he made great advancements through the field. He is still safely in the top 35, and there is no need for the fans to panic. As I have always said before, start to panic when you DON'T see his name on the entry list.Enjoy the site, because one day I might just pull the plug if some of the stupid bullshit doesn't stop.
Could not agree more. This is a FAN SITE not an asshole site. If you pull the plug I will need RG's number to keep in the loop. LOL!!
"Robby has a new doctrine: My way or the highway. No between This will work for him".

Not to be a total tool, but what's new about this,& how has it worked for him so far?

Robby, seriously bro here's a question for you. How much time do you spend in the o-r shop as opposed to NC?

Budget aside, do you not think this has something to do with performance?

Those guys operate without you watching their every move,& they do it successfully.

You have the trophies,& Hall of Fame induction to prove it.

"No engineers, No NASCAR guys, Just imagineers. Don't say... do"

Isn't that kind of a contridiction to the previous statement?

Given the choice, I'd take option B. Excluding the No,& No parts.

Long story short, hire compitent people,& TRUST THEM to be compitent in their field of expertiece.

JMO, I like ya a lot better, not thinking of you joining the ranks of Vince McMahon,& Donald Trump.

Ya know the "Rich, arrogant, axe weilding lunatic club"?

Just be open minded,& think about it, thats all I'm askin.

Oh,& it doesn't go un-noticed that your tryin to put out some of the fires.

Thanks for that
Don't think that at anytime in the last 4 years RG had FULL control to the extent that he does now.

As for RGM West. It's only two different trucks and only 4-5 races a year. Whole different animal. In CUP every week you are trying new things to get an edge. In offroad it's the same TT he has had for 5 years and the changes are very evolutionary rather than revolutionary from race to race until you build a whole new truck.

I'm sure you will know how much RG gets his hands dirty when a new truck is built like The Monster 2.0 Hummer is built. He is all up in that shit when it goes down. If RGM West had to build Robby 15 differnet trucks a year where do you think Robby whould be? Yes.... right up in that shit too.

Off Road the Prep is 2-3 months... CUP the prep is 1-2 weeks. Lots of mistakes have been made over the 4 years soley in the prep of the CUP cars. Those mistakes have been made by people RG has "Trusted" to get the job done. Johnny is very intune with a well prepped car.

Last night was Good Prep and Crappy Luck.
Your info is welcomed news. Car was good last night!!
So Fly was Robby just taking his time so he could be around at the end? It was odd that he seemed like he could turn fast laps at times, and other times not. I heard comments about the inconsistent tires, but it seemed even during stints with a good set of tires he would just hang around the back and start moving when the pack got strung out.

Also, was there any push back from Nascar regarding the "crabbing" of the car? It was my fear Nascar would again change their rules to prevent RGM from running that car again.

As always, thanks for the input.
There's an offcial tolerance now for the "crabbing" you speak of. Thats why it's hardly noticable now.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service