The "Encore" race as I like to call them, is the race after Robby has had a great finish.I'll focus on the top 10's.After Robby finished 8th at Daytona, his next race finish was a respectable 18th at Fontana.After Robby again scored his second Top 10 at Daytona in July, Robby followed that with a 25th place at Chicago.Now, Robby is coming off of an 8th place finish at Talladega,and the next race is at Charlotte. Earlier in the year at Charlotte, Robby had a blown motor in the 600 and finished 43rd.Although Robby is still fighting to stay in the top 35, he must be aggressive at Charlotte and try to score yet another Top 10 finish.The test session a few weeks ago was proof that this team will be a threat on Saturday night.

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, TOG, BUT he has to qualify decently!
we need a good finish if we fall out of the top 35 RGM is toast
Robby should be strong. His sled was rolling pretty fast at the 600, passing a bunch of cars on the high line until his engine blew sky high. Hopefully they have last week's Penske engine issues resolved though. If so, it could be a decent night for RGM.
OK TOG, couple of questions. First, when did Rob race in Chicago? As I recall the race after Daytona was in my hometown of Joiet. He did finsh 25th there,& was on a tear near the end. Which brings me to the second question. Was the "TT" chassis that debuts this wknd the one they tested with? I was under the impression practice will be the first time it hits the track.
Sorry, I didn't know there was such a place called JOIET.

' We are as fast as the leaders " - now where have I heard that before ?
Yeah, yeah, I type too fast when I get PO'd. The Joliet/ Chicago thing irritates the crap outta me. Joliet's got a ton of it's own history. The pricks could've choosen a name to solidify Joliet being on the map again, but they choose something that reflects Chcago, instead. Same thing with Fox, Prison Break season one, was filmed in Joliet Correctional Center, Same joint "Joliet" Jake Blues was released from in the opening of The Blue Brothers. Fox elected instead to call it "Fox River Penn."
So yes, it's my one man campaign to get the media to use the correct location in refference to Chicagoland Speedway.

Oh yeah TOG, you can keep bustin on 'em. They're big, brass,& won't collapse under pressure
OK, so from now on we can call it the Joliet Speedway. Sounds better.
Were the Penske engine's that blew the new dodge engine's for next year?.... or the old stuff ?
And was Rob just not high enough in the ranking to get the New stuff. If that was the case thank GOD for being at the bottom of the list.
restictor plate engine's are different than open engine's
one positive thing from Penske last week-when Ryan and Kurt hurt their engines-they let
Robby know not to over-rev the engine on down shift's.
Mike
WOW just like family now.
What sound advice for a racecar driver....lol.....
Reminds me of "DAYS OF THUNDER".
Na, Cole didn't over-rev that engine... LOL!

Didn't hear much from DEI, but I believe Joonyer intentionally grenaded
a couple last year.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service