RGM is 2nd in points on Supper Speedways. (GOOD TO GO)

We all know RGM can build a car that can run in the top five at the road courses. (GOOD TO GO).
And I have to believe Rob wont make the same mistakes in 2009 that he made in 2008 on the road courses (GOOD TO GO).

RGM is not that far from being a top 15 car in 2009. One thing stands in the way. I will give you a clue.... it's a (MILE AND A HALF LONG).

IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE. (BUY IT).......WHAT EVER IT COST.... (BUY IT).
But you will need to listen to the people you (BUY IT) from. Someone has the answer to the problem. (BUY IT)
The down side is. The people you (BUY IT) from might tell you how to drive the mile and a half race to get a good finish.

The profit from a top 15 team will more that pay for the investement.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In racing, you must be careful what you buy,& who from. Nobody's going to sell you a competitive advantage over the car(s) they field. If theres no strings attached, you'll likey screw yourself. If we're talkin about tools, (like a shaker) absolutely, buy it. Thats why I'd like to see a buy in. Not a majority, but if Rob owns a share of "racer x" motorsports,&/or vice versa, then it's the best intrest of both for RGM to succeed.
Can you buy the personal with the knowledge to make you successful at the mile and a half?
If you call contracting the right people "buying", then yeah. But, it doesn't make a bit of difference what kinda tools you "buy", if you don't use 'em. thats the key, getting the right people,& putting them to work,& letting them do what their good at....no leashes
Understanding 100% on the use 'em part...
I was just watching a replay of the '99 July Daytona race, and they were talking about Ricky Rudd and his one car operation. They mentioned how he couldn't afford to field a 2nd car, which would help in the information gathering. So instead he hired a 2nd driver to jump in Rudd's car during practice and testing, so both can feel what the same car is doing on the track and compare notes. They indicated that it helped his car and the team.

Does that sound like something Robby should do? At least at the mile and a half tracks? I don't think it would be good to do at the RP races since it is an impound race and practice time is limited and basically there is not much they can do once the car is at the track. But on the 1.5 mile tracks, I think it would help a lot for Robby to get another view on what the car is doing or should be doing, since he has struggled at this type of track this year.
Yup. A lot of guys that are painted as "mediocre" drivers manage a great deal of success in Cup because they and their teams have a strong grasp on the intermediate 1.5 and 2.0 mile tracks.

Being good on a road course may very well be an indication that you're a superior talent (I believe it does) but that doesn't mean a fucking thing so far as success in NASCARs three national touring series.
The problem is that a majority of the tracks on the circuit are in the 1.5 mile category.
I hope you are correct about the road courses. We all know Robby has the driving talent to run well on the road courses.

I just seems to me that they had a year to study where they fucked up in '07. Then came right out & made basically the same mistakes again.

You don't win road races by stretching fuel stops early in the race! There is NO way to justify staying out, & running out of fuel. None, zero, zip, nada!
Dawg lets hope the third time is a charm. Or it will be three strikes and your out.
We wil have to see how the TTCOT works.
"MY EGGS! THEY'RE IN THIS BASKET!"
And its actually not always true that you can just buy success in racing. If it were, Roger Penske would be dominating in every series he runs. He's not. If it were true Felix Sabates would have had a top teir Cup operation his entire career. He didn't. If it were true, John Menard would have had a much higher level of success than he did as a race car owner.

Just saying.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service