Career start #300 for Robby: Robby Gordon and his #7 Mapei / Menards Dodge team make their way to Talladega Superspeedway for the last restrictor-plate race of the 2008 season. Gordon has had much success in the previous three superspeedway events this year with an average finish of 8.33. In fact, he is third in the 2008 restrictor-plate points. This weekend at Talladega Superspeedway marks #7-Robby Gordon’s 300th career Sprint Cup start. Gordon debuted in the Cup Series at Daytona International Speedway in February of 1991, driving for Junie Donlavey in the #90 Publix Supermarkets Ford.(RGM PR)(10-3-2008)

Congrats to Robby. Here's to another 300.

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the first comment on the discussion section on Jayski/Espn.

"One win every 100 starts....not too good Rob. Ohhhh the potential squandered."

I could not have said it better myself.
The people at Jayski of course have many wins. They couldn't cary the hemelt of the worst driver in the field let alone drive a stock car.
What? The people posting there are just people like us on here. It HAS been a career of near misses and what ifs. I completely agree with the potential squandered comment.

You dont have to know how to drive a stock car to be able to make an educated comment on the situation.
As the old saying goes, the best drivers are in the stands or in this case the press box.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service