Pit Box News

Paul Menard & his father's sponsor "Menard's" will not return to DEI, Inc in 2009, instead they will join Yates Racing. This news leaves DEI with 4 teams locked inside the Top 35 and only Bass Pro Shops as a sponsor for the #1 team. DEI is expected to start looking to neogotiate soon to either sell one of it's teams to potential investors or find a driver witn sponsor ties. The first on their list will be Robby Gordon. Gordon has never had trouble being marketable and finding sponsors, however he has had trouble running his own team. Rumors have circulated that Gordon and DEI have had discussions, both decline to comment.
Robby was asked about the DEI possibility at Charlotte. "We're focusing on our team right now, we're in a tight battle to keep our team inside the Top 35. That's all I need to focus on right now," Gordon stated.

Yesterday, someone close to the RGM team said Gordon is likely to stay with Dodge, with either full support or a possible merger with Penske. The remainder of the season will give both parties a trial period to base a decision from. Dodge is also courting Gordon to stay with the manufacture in anticipation of GEM leaving for Toyota. They also said Robby hasn't ruled out staying the same next season under his own RGM banner.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't see RG being under Roger's wing ever.

Roger will sell engines to the guy.... But with RG being under Walker/Foyt/Ganassi and Menard for many years there is blood there.

Kurt and Robby get along well now. So there wouldn't be a problem there.

Jim Beam and Miller would be a conflict.

Roger knows Robby too well..... I don't see it happening.

Robby holds a deam to get a 15-20 million sponsor for 3 years. I don't see Robby giving up on that.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service