Pit Box News

Paul Menard & his father's sponsor "Menard's" will not return to DEI, Inc in 2009, instead they will join Yates Racing. This news leaves DEI with 4 teams locked inside the Top 35 and only Bass Pro Shops as a sponsor for the #1 team. DEI is expected to start looking to neogotiate soon to either sell one of it's teams to potential investors or find a driver witn sponsor ties. The first on their list will be Robby Gordon. Gordon has never had trouble being marketable and finding sponsors, however he has had trouble running his own team. Rumors have circulated that Gordon and DEI have had discussions, both decline to comment.
Robby was asked about the DEI possibility at Charlotte. "We're focusing on our team right now, we're in a tight battle to keep our team inside the Top 35. That's all I need to focus on right now," Gordon stated.

Yesterday, someone close to the RGM team said Gordon is likely to stay with Dodge, with either full support or a possible merger with Penske. The remainder of the season will give both parties a trial period to base a decision from. Dodge is also courting Gordon to stay with the manufacture in anticipation of GEM leaving for Toyota. They also said Robby hasn't ruled out staying the same next season under his own RGM banner.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm, just imagine a possible merger with Roger (hard to since RG has joked about throwing him off the spotters stand in a number of races on the scanner this year)

Do you think Mr. Penske and RG have enough backing them that they can go to the IRL and request the 500 to moved back up to an early start? RG in a Penske IRL car for the 500 will make the last 4 years of failure worth it...

Yea, the answer is no, but its fun to think about...
Robby must has a horseshoe up his ass. He always comes out smeeling like roses and it looks like he will again. Next year could be a realy good one
For sure, the 600 is some boring ass stuff.
It's a shame the Yates deal didn't work out for Robby. Ford and RG had a good relationship and Everham screwed that up big time. With Menard going to Yates, where does that leave RGM with Menard sponsorship, which has been a staple over the years? I really hope Robby does not go with DEI, that would be as bad as the Everham deal. I don't know how many bridges were burned in the Yates deal, but RG and Menard would be good team mates. Joan
'Ford and RG had a good relationship and Evernham screwed that up bigtime' - exactly. Now, was that the intent and was the reported GEM deal in good faith - or otherwise? Take the position of 'otherwise', and position yourself to prove it in court - in California where there's fundamentally no cash limit on awards - and you have a big hammer for a nice settlement.... It would be nasty, and of course attorneys are never nasty, but it's feasible.....
GEE WILIKERS PLANETEERS, THIS IS BREAKING NEWS! "Gordon is likely to stay with Dodge, with either full support or a possible merger with Penske. The remainder of the season will give both parties a trial period to base a decision from. Dodge is also courting Gordon to stay with the manufacture in anticipation of GEM leaving for Toyota."
Hello McFly, didn't I say the same thing like 2 weeks ago? Yes, we all know that John is going to have Paul drive a Fugly Fubar next season, but remember this. Robby's favorite color is money green,& if Dodge shows him enough of it....
The one thing Robby's been consistant in doing, is going with the best deal for Robby.
join a team or DIE
yeah, did last wknd at KS,& is going to for at least the rest of this season.
i personaly hope robby merges with penske. i have always been a fan of rodger, he has the money to feild four teams in top notch cars. and i think he will give robby his best stuff. we know that in good cars robby can win. and with evernham out at dodge penske is the number one team.
Dodge might throw alot of support at RGM to stay with them as a single car operation. If It were me I would try it one more year just to see if I could win a race. You know thats what RG wants. There is no other person in the world that wants to say Fuc$ You to NASCAR more than him.
Dodge will be full on supporting RGM, and even though it is Fucking Dodge, he should let them.
I don't see Robby Gordon as being a driver that Roger Penske would be interested in. Now having a fourth car is something I could see Penske being interested in, and buying one that is already locked into the top 35 just makes things easier. But keeping the driver that comes along under contract to drive? Doesn't really sound like a Penske move. Canning that driver at the first opportunity, yeah, that sounds more like Penske.

In regards to RG, he wouldn't offer the #7 to Penske unless the drivers contract he got were pretty solid, but Penske wouldn't buy the #7 unless he had a nice out in the driver contract to dismiss Robby the first time Robby ticked him off.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service