"Did You Notice? … How much famous drivers charge simply to talk to people? While doing some research, I stumbled across this site allamericanspeakers.com, which matches up motivational speakers with an opportunity that fits for them. So, I started poking around and before I knew it, I was browsing the names of famous drivers and figuring out how much their time would cost.

Did you know … that to bring Joe Nemechek into your favorite birthday party or college event, it’s going to cost you between $10,001 and $20,000? Shockingly, he’s going at the same rate as Chaser Kevin Harvick, who’s had a whole lot more success on the track to speak of. No offense to Joe, but how can you be a motivational speaker when you haven’t been motivated by recent success?

Here’s the ultimate kicker, though: the most expensive driver list on that website isn’t Harvick or former drivers Mario and Michael Andretti. It’s – get this — Robby Gordon. That’s right, for the discount price of $50,001 and above, you can get Gordon to speak at your special event! How in the heck could Gordon be worth $40,000 more than Harvick; does he throw a helmet at the crowd or something? And keep in mind these guys make a living on the race track, not in front of a microphone. How polished are these speaking appearances? Wouldn’t you like to see someone like Robby speak for one hour in front of a crowd?"

Here is the site he was referencing: http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/sportspeaker/Sports/Auto-Racing/...

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No doubt I'm behind him,& rooting for him every week. However, I do hear a lot of what doesn't get posted on rg.com. It's damn frustrating to be 1000 miles away,& watch the downward spiral continue. Whats even worse is the guy at the helm is too damn stuborn to be a team player. He'd rather be the guy in the power position...all the way to the end. Lets just say, if he was my brother, we'd be scrappin. Doesn't mean I don't love the guy, just means he's makin some jackass decisions.
Isn’t better to have people vent their frustrations here where people understand them than to do it in a more public, destructive way? My take on it is “most” people are venting because they CARE about Robby and his team. They want him to get that break he needs/deserves. They don’t want him to self destruct. It is very frustrating to see him continue this pattern of poor judgment over and over again.
He's running laps as fast as the leaders!
Really $50,000 bucks. I have never heard of Robby making appearances like this but hey if someone is willing to pay it more power to him. I'll just wait in line at the trailer for free.
Maybe the $50,000 tag is a way of Robby not having to make an excuse to decline the apearances he doesn't want to make or doen't have the time to. I look at it as better alternative to "sorry, my week is full, I have sponsor obligations, testing, etc.".
OK... testing the Hummer or the trophy truck. lol
You know, if Robby did this....he would be worth every penny! I GOT FOUR WORDS FOR YA! I LOVE THIS TEAM YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Robby should totally hire that guy!

So he can fire him.
uhh... isn't that Steve Balmer? More like Robby should hit him up for sponsorship....
When would Robby ever have time to make a speech? Maybe over the phone?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service