"Did You Notice? … How much famous drivers charge simply to talk to people? While doing some research, I stumbled across this site allamericanspeakers.com, which matches up motivational speakers with an opportunity that fits for them. So, I started poking around and before I knew it, I was browsing the names of famous drivers and figuring out how much their time would cost.

Did you know … that to bring Joe Nemechek into your favorite birthday party or college event, it’s going to cost you between $10,001 and $20,000? Shockingly, he’s going at the same rate as Chaser Kevin Harvick, who’s had a whole lot more success on the track to speak of. No offense to Joe, but how can you be a motivational speaker when you haven’t been motivated by recent success?

Here’s the ultimate kicker, though: the most expensive driver list on that website isn’t Harvick or former drivers Mario and Michael Andretti. It’s – get this — Robby Gordon. That’s right, for the discount price of $50,001 and above, you can get Gordon to speak at your special event! How in the heck could Gordon be worth $40,000 more than Harvick; does he throw a helmet at the crowd or something? And keep in mind these guys make a living on the race track, not in front of a microphone. How polished are these speaking appearances? Wouldn’t you like to see someone like Robby speak for one hour in front of a crowd?"

Here is the site he was referencing: http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/sportspeaker/Sports/Auto-Racing/...

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seems to be the theme on the Planet lately - RG can do nothing right according to some of the Planet members. I often wonder why some of the people are here and if they truly are "fans" of RG.
your right about that...i dont expect people to kiss his ass but isnt this a fan site???
The trash talkers are lower life forms that don't know enough about the world to understand just how much Robby has accomplished, and the value of his accomplishments in society - outside of Nascar.
Yes, because NOBODY here has a clue what RG has done to make the world a better place with his "accomplishments in society"......
Yeah, this is a fan site. Maybe you guys (murf,& kim) just aren't as passionate as the rest of us over here. Some of us are REALLY damn tired of seeing this team flounder,& a lot of it IS to blame on the team owner. It really sucks when good quality people ARE there,& get chased off, or cut loose. Robby doesn't seem to be concerned with having a quality team,& for every quality guy he cuts loose, his rep gets worse. The worse his rep gets, the harder it is for RG to get anybody worth a shit to want to work for him. Thats directly connected with the results you see week in, week out. I don't give a hot shit, who the driver is, he ain't shit without a team behind him @ the track, & good people prepping the cars that go there.Thats why some of us have been so hard on Rob lately. Oh,& I hear DEI's John Story may be headed back to RGM. I guess we'll have to see if thats a good thing, or not. Can't blame him for wanting to get out b4 the doors close, I wouldn't want that on my resume.
Mike in one of your comments you said (RIP Chris)... is this the Chris that is on the team.... Is he no longer on the team?
if you watch the youtube clip at the bottom of mikes comment, he is talking about chris farley
CRAP!!! My Bad that's how rumors get started...SORRY Thanks Rube.
no problem.... i thought he was talking about rgm chris at first too, until i watched the video
Chris Tompkins is alive,& well. Watch the video,& you'll see who I'm talkin about. One of Chicagos adopted sons, Chris Farley. I loved his sense of humor,& I'll say it hurt me to see such a big lovable guy go down that road of self-destruction. Farley was a close friend of Eric "Mancow" Muller. Cow's syndicated radio show was brodcast from the Hancock building in Chicago, where Farley lived. As a result, he'd show up on the show,& ad lib all the time. Some of the best live radio ever.
I did watch it.....And it still never hit home.. DUH... I was a big AM 1000 fan way back when 17 years ago. (THE LOOP)
I still listen to KEVIN MATTHEWS he is now in Grand Rapids MI. LAV FM
mike i feel the pain...it is not fun to see our guy gone down in flames every week but hey i try not to dog the guy. I work for a company that is like three steps removed from Robby and all everyone ever says is i hope they get rid of his ass and we wont be with him next year and so on so i would like for him to finish better but until then i will keep on rooting for him and his guys that stand behind him week in and week out....

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service