According to brother Kenny, there is a possibility that Rusty Wallace will come out of retirement to drive for DEI next year. WHAT?!!?

by Kenny Wallace: The hot NASCAR rumor right now is not something you’d hear anywhere other than around the race shops in Mooresville, N.C. Everyone wants to know if my brother Rusty Wallace is coming out of retirement to drive for Dale Earnhardt Inc. next season. I’m running the #00 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota in Sunday’s Sprint Cup Series race at Talladega and was at Michael’s shop Tuesday being fitted for my seat. Six different crew members came up to me and said they’d heard a rumor Rusty was coming back to drive for DEI. These rumors get started in the Mooresville area because the shops are so close to each other and nothing can be kept secret for long. All I can say is that where there’s smoke, there’s fire. And he is definitely considering stepping back into a race car. He’s considering this huge move because he watched Brett Favre come out of retirement in the NFL and his good friend Mark Martin is giving it another shot next year at Hendrick. If Mark had quit, Rusty would have been comfortable with his retirement. But watching Mark, who is a couple of years younger than my brother, stage this comeback has really tugged on Rusty’s heartstrings. Rusty has told me numerous times he can outrun half the drivers in the Cup Series and he truly is giving a lot of thought to returning to the track. If he wants to make that commitment, I’ll support him 110-percent. The decision is Rusty’s and his wife Patti’s, but I think the whole possibility is very inspirational and I’m looking forward to his answer. If he comes back, I think he’ll be a bit surprised by the new car. I predict Rusty will be successful but he’ll be shocked that he won’t have control of the chassis the way he used to. He’ll have an adjustment period because the cars are controlled by engineers, bump-stops and seven-post machines, technology that wasn’t in such great use when he left the sport. There is no doubt Rusty has the talent to run well but he’ll probably be upset he won’t be able to set up the car on his own or tell the team how to do it. Maybe we’ll know sometime soon if I’m right or not

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He'll test this stupid car a few times and come up with a reason not to do it. Some really fast drivers can't figure the thing out.3 Wallaces in Cup Series? Ugh. Wait til his idiot kid comes up next year making it 4...and then the girl making it 5...imagine the carnage...
I liked the "everyone wants to know" and "hot nascar rumor" comments. I dont think either of those are on target, but good job Kenny attracting attention. What a joke, DEI is turning into a circus...
If it wasn't Kenny saying it I would completely dismiss this.
I would be glad to have him back on the track, just to not have to hear him on T.V. Damn, he and D.W. both drive me nuts telling everyone how great they are!
and how "great" their relatives are too. Puh- leez!!!
talk about being rusty he will look rusty in the new car
Let's not forget that RG and RW were together at a PR event not too long ago with JiM beam and NASCAR angels. Maybe this is how the DEI RGM merger works. Instant sponsors.

Just a thought....
If Steven Walace gets a cup ride......ALOT of us will need to go back and modify our "worst drivers in NASCAR " list...

( I guess is should say when not if....)
Rusty has officially denied it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see something between DEI and RWI and that being a vehicle for Stephen Wallace to get into Cup

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service