“We missed the setup early in the race, and we made a couple of mistakes that we needed to overcome. Despite all the problems, we were still able to salvage a decent point’s day, and we held onto our position in the Top 35,” Gordon said. “We’re all looking forward to Talladega next weekend. We ran really well in all of the restrictor plate races earlier this year, so I am confident that we’ll be able to come home with a good finish.”

How is 41st a decent points day? Even though the 00 didn't make the race it still doesn't make sense.

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree.... but I believe he finished 37th not 41st. Either way it was hardly a decent points day
37th, and it is only a decent points day regarding the owners points relative to the #00 and #77. He didn't fall out of the top 35. Because god knows once he does, he is in a world of shit...
By lap 142, Gordon stated that the car was finally handling really well, and the team was running lap times equal to the leaders. ......Imagine That.
At this point, a good day is A) Finishing and B) Finishing ahead of someone. Anyone. It seems like the only way he passes anyone now is when they crash out nowhere near him. He's not even crashing them to pass them anymore, it's no fun. We're all down I guess. RG needs to give us big news soon to boost morale.
I copied and pasted this quote from the RGM Website..

By lap 142, Gordon stated that the car was finally handling really well, and the team was running lap times equal to the leaders.
I think we've heard that before, usually in the late stages of the race, one or more laps down....
the girl that writes these postrace quotes for him must assume that we are all morons.
*raises hand*

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service