CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Paul Menard will leave Dale Earnhardt Inc. at the end of the season to drive for Yates Racing, The Associated Press has learned.
Menard is expected to announce Tuesday that both he and his sponsorship will move to Yates, a person familiar with Menard's decision told The AP. The person requested anonymity because Menard had yet to make his announcement.
The loss could ultimately cripple DEI because Menard's sponsor is his father's midwest-based hardware chain. The loss of driver and sponsor leaves DEI with just one full-time sponsor and three drivers signed for next season.
DEI is a four-car team this year, but has lacked full sponsorship for rookie Regan Smith's team all season.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So whats gonna be different from how they struggled last year? Roush will have 4 cars, Yates will have 4 cars, Robby.....will be out in left field again. Really hoping against hope, that something happens with Penske before this Ford deal is done. Whats worse then no progress? Going backwards. It's not like "Uncle John" is going to hand pick Paul,& Robby's motors. I'd rather see Robby in a Penske powered Dodge, with Kyle Petty spliting seat time in a second car with....somebody.
Kyle %#^%&* PETTY? Robby needs to stay as far from the old hacks as possible, KP has absolutely no information for RG other than where to fish, and I doubt RG's doing much fishing.

RGM with Yates Ford engines in a private jet with a supermodel. this is fun
Fly,
Yates power and cash is not enough. He's got to be sharing setup information and that's going to be tough if he builds his own chassis. If he is going to continue to do that he needs at least a 2nd team so he can have twice the input when he tests and, oh yes, he will need to test his butt off. That's the difference with Rousch this year. He is testing like crazy and has those 5 cars for feedback.

BRR
Exactly. The testing and engineering support is immeasurable. I think if he were to actually merge with Yates, that could be the best alternative. they could have the #7, #38, and #28. I bet if that happens, Kvapil is gone since Gilliland is Robby's boy.
Ya.... thats worked out great so far!
Oh, I thought you were high. My bad
Here's the thing, Robby's NOT merging with RYR. John isn't buyin the team either. So heres how it works RYR's stable will most likely be the 26, 28, 38,& whatever # they pick for Paul Menard. Full stable guys. That leaves Robby out in left field....again. RGM will field one car, with the 9th best Roush motor available. 9th best! Sorry John, that ain't cuttin it for me. I'd rather him cut a deal with Penske. Maybe see the 77 move to Robby's shop,& all operated under Penske. Or like I said before, Kyle brings a 12 race deal with him. Now if Riggs is still on the mkt, with his partial sponsor, maybe Rob can field a 2nd car with those 2 for the whole year. It's not like Kyle's gonna stick around forever,& that gets Robby's foot in the door with Wells Fargo. Screw Ford, it's not like they've done anything stellar for Robby in nascar past....& he has plenty of past with them.
Heres one more angle, Robby gets RCR/DEI power,& fields a second car for RCR/DEI devolopment driver. RC has his grandson in the Camping World East car, sportin the 3. He looks to be ready to move up to a full nationwide/ partial Cup sched. That one I just pulled outta thin air, pure speculation.
Understood, but understand Rob doesn't want a boss. Forget what you heard about GEM. Robby Gordon will not work for anyone. So it's RGM, or merger, thats it. So if Rob could work a deal where he (speculation) buys 50% of the 77,& sells 50%, of the 7. Then moves the 77 to RGM, the whole operation could benifit...given Robby is running Penske chassis under the 7,& 77. Two 2 car teams, same chassis, same hp, one vet, one rook on each. 4 cars testing,& 4 cc's (5 if you count Rob) working this thing out, in 2 shops. Bing, pow, bang, boom, Kurt,& Robby make the chase, with Stremme,& Hornish not far out. Win, f'n win. IDK, just tryin to think outside the box..........since thats where Robby lives.
Damn Mike how much time do you spend dreaming this shit up? Nice scenario, just hope somebody else is thinking! You know Rob's not gonna think until he gets kicked in the nuts!
Right, doesn't think but he does read. Read Rob, ya don't want me to reach out to you thru Rod. He's local,& nearly as crazy as I am.
I have to agree with you Mike........Penske is the best option Robby has...I doubt RPenske would sell any of his team to Robby......

Maybe if Robby would get down on his knees (kidding) Roger would take Robby in as a step son and give him the same Motors and provide some sort of technical support and maybe have RGM as a "testing partner".....

I want Robby to suceed as much as everybody else here.....I don't think he will race 36 times next year if sumthin don't happen.....
I like it Mike.... best part of that deal is Rob trashes those piece of shit RGM chassis!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service