CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Paul Menard will leave Dale Earnhardt Inc. at the end of the season to drive for Yates Racing, The Associated Press has learned.
Menard is expected to announce Tuesday that both he and his sponsorship will move to Yates, a person familiar with Menard's decision told The AP. The person requested anonymity because Menard had yet to make his announcement.
The loss could ultimately cripple DEI because Menard's sponsor is his father's midwest-based hardware chain. The loss of driver and sponsor leaves DEI with just one full-time sponsor and three drivers signed for next season.
DEI is a four-car team this year, but has lacked full sponsorship for rookie Regan Smith's team all season.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was a done deal over 3 weeks ago.
Yep.
4th car at Yates?
No deal to DEI. Why can't eveybody understand this ?
Really??? NO DEAL!??!?!?!
I believe I did hear that somewhere, can't remember??? What was the carrot that was dangled in front of John Menard to have his son and $$$ go to Yates. It is a lateral move at best.

So TOG what is your guess on RG's plans for next year?
DEI better pull some rabbits out of their hat. Robby has 2-3 sponsors ready to go for next year. Jim Beam, Monster, and Menards.
Forget DEI. Robby will follow the money.
Yates needs some sponsors too...hmmm
Actually, none have those have been signed for next year. Beam is defiately not a gimme, especially after this years performance.
I would have a hard time believing that Menards would not be back next year. I definitely think Jim Beam is back as well.
Actually Matt, you have bad info.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service