Can somebody explain how the #00 is only 29 points behind Robby after Kansas? RG earned 52 points and the #00 failed to qualify. Why isn't the #00 at least 50 points out of 35th place?

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

#00 GOT 31 owner points for the attempt to qualify,
They call that the "Mikey" Rule. Only way he can get points after a 150 point penalty to start the season.....guess now it is the MWR rule!
Thanks, I didn't know points were awarded just for a qual. attempt.
Here is the rule!
Overview
All teams get owner points, as long as they pass inspection and make a qualifying attempt, whether they qualify for the race or not. The 43 owners who make the race earn points equal to the driver points. Those who do not qualify for the race are awarded points, starting with the fastest car that failed to qualify, down to the slowest car that attempted to qualify. These points establish priority in gaining provisionals for future races.
I thought the top 35 rule eliminated "provisionals" except the prior cup champion's provisional
They use these points to set the field when qualifying is rained out. Mike
Kinda crappy....well here is my opinion. Everyone that attempts to qualify gets 31 points. Then add on more point based upon the finishes after the race. Someone can miss the race and not lose many points to someone who finishes last...that's not right. I could drive 50 mph around the track once, pull it in and get almost as many points as a guy who went 175 avg. and had bad luck. STUPID. Robby should get what he earned Sunday, plus the 31 points for the qual attempt if they are going to do that crap.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service