From Winston Salem Journal

Dodge teams in general have struggled this season. Though Dodge officials last week denied reports that George Gillett, who is the majority owner of Gillett-Evernham Motorsports, was planning a switch to Toyota, it's been confirmed that just such a plan is in the works. The loss of the Gillett-Evernham team would be a significant blow to Dodge, because Ray Evernham was the man who keyed Dodge's return to this sport eight years ago, and the Evernham operation has been Dodge's anchor.

The loss of Gillett to Toyota would leave Dodge with the Roger Penske team, the Pettys, Robby Gordon, and Chip Ganassi's team. Penske's Ryan Newman won the Daytona 500, in a surprise, and Kurt Busch won the rain-shortened Loudon race in June; Kasey Kahne won at Concord and Pocono for Gillett-Evernham.

GEM is expected to purchase Bill Davis Racing's Cup operation (#22 team). Anncouncement could come at Charlotte if all details get worked out in time.

(Note: If Robby stays with Dodge and GEM switches to Toyota, he would have an automatic birth in the Bud Shootout in 2009)

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"(Note: If Robby stays with Dodge and GEM switches to Toyota, he would have an automatic birth in the Bud Shootout in 2009) "

How does that work?
thanks
He would have an automatic birth in the shootout if he stays with Dodge and doesn't switch to Ford.
I hope Robby's on the same page with me then. If you guys remember about a week ago, I said Robby will prolly wait to see how this GEM deal pans out. NOW, it's Dodge's,& Robby's best intrest that he stays in a Dodge. Dodge may even be willing to help Robby pony up to start that ever important 2nd team. I hear Kyle Petty has sponsorship for approx 12 races next year,& maybe no seat to do it from...connection? Bueller, Ferris Bueller, anybody listening this time? Rob, is your titanium cranium out there,& open to ideas?
It's day by day at RGM. He needs to worry about the Top 35 right now.
Talk about your "Odd Couple"... LOL!
Hey a sponsor, is a sponsor in this day,& age. Petty is synonomous with Dodge,& if Kyle wants race somewhere, they will help. Now if he only wants to run a partial schedule,& WF is in for 12 races with him, then Rob,& Dodge can work on maybe Dodge sponsoring an up,& comer for part of the remaining 26-7 races. If Riggs is still on the table with his partial sponsorship, theres another part of the schedule. can anybody say this wouldn't be benificial for all parties involved?
I think the big question is if Robby can be the crew chief for two cars while driving only one?? Inquiring minds want know???
Damn right he can since they will both be bumpin bugs at the back of the field he will be able to say " both cars are tight as hell! So we need 4rounds of track bar and 3 rounds out on wedge all aournd!"
Hmm... May explain why Penske ran the new Dodge motor this past weekend. With GEM going to Toyota, this positions Penske as the Dodge flagship team. If Petty Enterprises stays with Dodge, will Penske supply their engines, too?
Pure speculation. It's what helps keep this site alive. I read in a Czech newspaper that Skoda was entering NASCAR! See, pure speculation, or in other words, mostly bullshit.
I just read Robby is switching to Skoda.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service