This car defies everything a racer learns and holds dear. Pushing a slow heavy box through the wind in circles with poor aero and suspension technology IS NOT RACING. It's GAMBLING. It's time for RG to stop running around in circles and get back to real racing with the best drivers in the world!

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nascar does? IRL doesn't claim to, I said that, making fun of the fact that Nascar does indeed claim to have the world's best drivers.
I've been hopin gfor him tor ace open wheel for years, the guy sucks in Nascar, the results show it. When he did try to tdo the double, he'd qual in the top 5 and be a contender with little practice.
Look up and down the field at Indy for the years that he did the double....
Nascar has more Indy 500 winners than the IRL does...that's sad. The IRL is a joke. With the exception of Castroneves, Franchitti, Dixon and Kanaan, they don't have anyone that can be considered a top level talent.

The IRL is more a joke to racers than the COT....the COT requires the driver to have some level of throttle control. Racing with traction control is not racing.
I guess Wheldon, Ryan Hunter-Ray, Justin Wilson, Graham Rahal, Marco Andretti, Will Power, Vitor Meira are all considered NON-talents who can attracked sponsors to keep a team alive for a full season.........

There is alot of talent in the IRL right now.....top talent as well......I wouldn't be so quick with your IRL sucks chant......Sure that's your opinion.......Please find me 1 driver who would get on camera and say "Yeah....the IRL is a joke along with it's POS crown race the 500".......

Not by any means back to what it used to be.......but a joke? whatever.....

At least at an IRL race...it's a race, with passing and a set of rules that apply to everybody......
I'm talking more about the car the IRL uses than the series itself. The current IRL car is a joke. Crapwagon I think was the term used affectionately by Paul Tracy. Speaking of...if PT can't find a ride in the IRL, and Milka Duno and Marty Roth can, that doesn't speak highly of the series right now.

I forgot about Justin Wilson, he is also a top level talent. Wheldon doesn't impress me. Rahal and Marco have a long way to go before they can be considered a true threat, though I think Graham Rahal is much more the real deal than Marco is. Will Power and Vitor Meira would be back markers in the old CART days...which I compare the current IRL to. I stand by my above statement, the only guys that could be competetive in the old CART are the ones I listed plus Justin Wilson.
To me you are comparing apple to oranges.........How do today's "Top talent" in NASCAR compare to the likes of Buddy Baker, Yarbourgh ect? Tough to say.....worlds of different with equipment. To say Meira and Power would be back markers is like me saying well Jeff Gordon and jimmy Johnson would have been field fillers back in the early days of NASCAR...

Will Power might be one of the most talented races in any form of racing....I might have been stepping out on a limb with Meira...he has done well in sub par equipment...

Mart Roth is a self made MULTI MULTI MILLIONARE...mutiple Millions..that's how he is racing...Milka Dunno is bank rolled by Chavez...who will be one of the worlds richest man in less than 4 years if we don't get this oil thing under control...have money will race.......Just like in NASCAR now...you don't have to be good..you just have to have a sponsor.....

The reason Paul Tracy doesn't have a ride...when the split happened Tracy was really vocal about those who were in favor of Tony George's plan....Now Tracy is looking for a ride from one of the "idiots who were sidding with a for sure failure"?...Paul bet on the wrong side, has no sponsorship, which is why he is watching and not racing...If Paul can get a sponsor, he will be in a car...none of those owners are going to find one for him....paybacks are a bitch........
Vitor Meira????? Andretti and Rahal are more in there based on their name than talent. Where are Scott Speed, Paul Tracy, AJ Allmendinger? Or even Tony George's favorite (yes, the rules do in fact change when Tony wants/needs them too) Sam Hornish?
Not so man, ask John Andretti, who looks like an idiot in a Nascar, but manages decent finishes in an Indy car. Open wheel rewards good driving fundamentals, the COT defies them. If what you're saying was true then wouldn't the open-wheelers being doing better in nascar?
Hilarious
too ridiculous to respond to, sorry. Strip away 90 percent of the Nascar field and we'll talk.
making my point that they go where the money is, even if they suck at it. RG himself has said he drives around in circles to pay for all the other stuff he wants to REALLY do. I'd like to see at least Indy back on that list instead of this Nascar thing taking over as the focus of his life. The big appeal about RG for me was that he was an old-style driver that could bounce around doing different things. when you're just chasing money and losing, it sucks for everyone. RG should be in dirt late models, which he obviously has a flair for, Indy cars, trucks, AND Nascar.

I was thinking earlier how funny it'd be to see the IRL and Cup series' swap for a day. It'd be the funniest thing you've ever seen seeing all the guys in Nascar with zero kart or open-wheel experience flipping over eachother on the first lap after they all simultaneously touch wheels. There wouldn't be a first lap.

On the other hand, you'd have a great race with the open-wheel guys in Cup cars. the only guys in Nascar who could drive open wheel are the guys who come from an open wheel background, period.

BTW, yes, the current IRL car blows, and it will next year too. I'm talking about the future. The COT isn't going to get any better, it can't. And it's still the COT because it's going to be their spec car for years, and years, and years, and then they'll be electric. And remote controlled by the France family and select sponsors. The driver will be essentially balast. hahahahha

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service