Robby starts 39th today and his car wasn't all that good in practice yesterday. Chalk it up to Robby just not being that good at Kansas.Hopefully good luck comes his way and he gets a decent finish.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe the Robby cheer leaders need to pull their heads out, & look around lol
I love the way Kyle Busch answered..or didn't answer the token dumb questions that ESPN pit reporters always ask. He went up a couple of notches in my respect meter.
I'm losing my taste for the whole series, Nascar's efforts to even things out have done the opposite, and what can they do? More testing=more data=more wins. You can't stop testing, nor should they. Let's face it; it's a series run like the Chines gov't, with a stupid, heavy spec car that everyone hates equally (which Nascar considers a success!) The drivers stay because they think it's where the $$$$$$$$$ is, so they ride around in circles and wish things were different. Half of them are dreaming of winning Indy or an F1 race, the other half are mentally on a fishing boat on their private lakes, wishing their names still meant something. Robby Gordon is CURRENTLY RUNNING BEHIND THOSE GUYS.

It's time for RG to SERIOUSLY consider ending all this running around in circles, literally and figuratively. The IRL schedule is going to be 2 thirds road and street courses now, the money's going to rush back there, and people like me who are sick of the WWE of motor racing will have another place to go. Enough of this self-punishment, positive attitude bullshit, go for what you know RG, leave this stupid series behind and win a championship against the REAL best drivers in the world.

And KUDOS to my man AJ for sticking it to those jerks who screwed him at RBR. The former Champ car Rookie of the Year and a karting legend deserves better.

BACK TO INDY RG!!!!!!!
They're worried about having a full field next year because some people are still unsure about getting back in. RG's a bold guy, and he'd bring millions of fans with him, and others would go back too if someone like him showed faith in the new series and dove in head-first. there are some who jumped because they didn't think Champ and IRL would get back together, but they did, now they're semi-committed, and at the very least, they don't want to look like they're flaky or giving up. People like me watch Nascar to see RG, AJ, Patrick, Sam, JPM, etc, but I know I'm sick of seeing these guys get embarrassed every week because they can't drive a car that forces them to defy everything they know about speed and handling. If the drivers return, the money will follow. I can't be the only one getting sick of Nascar, and seeing great drivers lose to losers.
Are you a karter?
didn't notice, they don't talk about you much when you're running behind Kyle Petty.
By halfway, the car was really a 25th to 30th place car.
I loved that Robby will cuss like a sailor when its directed at the crew and reverted to Three Stooges mode when talking about his "knucklehead" self. Was one of the view things we laughed about today.
I guess two things to take from this: over the long run the car was respectable after the halfway point. Second, the car as a whole still looked like a steaming pile of shit. I know it goes against what I first said, but Robby was really the only guy diamonding the corners, which tells me the car was crap on entry and crap on exit. Go in in the middle, wash up to the wall (or on Saturday it was chasing it to the wall), and hammer down back to the middle on exit. Everybody else was pretty much picking a groove and staying with it. Robby looked like he put a parachute out in the center of the corner.
But as bad as the car looked, it was still running good enough to be in the top 30 from about lap 100 until the bad set of tires on the last run.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service