Geez, I can't believe Kansas is going to get a second date over Las Vegas and a bevy of other more deserving venues. Kansas is the worst track on the tour....it's like Chicagoland light or California Jr. This Nationwide race is putting me to sleep.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When is Kansas getting a second date? There is only one date on the Cup schedule, one date on the Nationwide schedule, and one date on the Truck schedule for 2009...same as this year and last year.
not in 2009...2010 or 2011...it's done deal because a France runs it.
I'm partial to Chicagoland, allthough I still think it's bs it's named after a city 40+ miles away. It's in my backyard,& it's a sellout every year. Not to mention we have THE biggest racing related fest (in downtown Joliet, still 40+ miles from Chicago) outside of Speed St. in Charlotte. The night race here was a huge success,& yet we get passed over for a 2nd date again. I think they should take one of the Cali dates,& give it to Vegas. Kansas for a second date, wtf? Maybe the wknd they give to Ks should rotate. One year, it's ther, next it's here, then Vegas, thow Watkins in there. Truth is almost every mkt that has one date, wants a second.
Just the ramblings of this madman.......
Chicago land has one of the highest ticket demands...I forsee a second race real soon....
see below
Don't tell me Lance got me ramblin for nothin? Shhheesh
Kansas Speedway president wants night race for second Cup event: Kansas Speedway president Jeff Boerger says that he is intent on the 1.5-mile track "becoming the Mecca of Motorsports." At least one matter is already certain: Boerger and track executives are moving forward in their plans to acquire a second Sprint Cup date at their facility by 2011, and possibly by 2010. As for when the second date might be, Boerger says that remains to be determined. "There are higher powers that will decide that than me but we'll definitely be in the discussions," he said, noting that he doesn't know which other track will lose a date to Kansas. "It could fall in the spring. It could fall in the summer. But we fully anticipate from the track perspective � that [the race] will be under the lights. Our media partner will probably demand it. I think that's another great thing." Kansas has never hosted a night race since it was added to the Cup schedule in 2001. Boerger expects that to change sooner than later, though. "We need to push hard to get lights depending on what second date falls," he said. "But I think that's on the horizon."(Scene Daily)(9-27-2008)
by the way..this will come at the expense of the spring Martinsville race
It may in some roundabout way...but not a direct swap. The last week of March is a little iffy for racing out here. And if they want a night race...that would be even worse.

Personally...I don't see how they can warrant a second date when they can't sell out the first one. And if they add a second one to expensive season package they force you to buy...that would price even more people out.
Mecca? I lived there for many years. That's not a word I use to describe KC.
Vegas is a better venue for a another race because people have fun here. And you can be a voyeur watching the teams work on the cars here. That felt kinda creepy to me.
I don't think Bruton Smith is going to let second race go to Kansas first. And March is COLD in KC. I remember our worst snow storm late in February once.

A little history...
I remember the controversy when they were trying to get the Kansas track built. People really didn't want it. They condemned houses gave people pennies on the dollar, forced a family to move their childs grave and it became a PR nightmare. The city council and mayor were bought off with stories of economic gains for the blighted KCK. I don't see anything close to what they thought they were getting. A mall, a Bass Pro, a couple of hotels?

I'd love a fall night race here. But I don't want tracks with good attendance to lose a race. Maybe Fontana needs to give one up? Vegas had a truck race, with no big names driving, and sold about 40,000 seats this month.
Vegas is absolutely the place to put a second date. Great track, great town, great support. Kansas is going to get their second date because they are part of the ISC family and a France runs the joint....what a bunch of garbage.
you forgot to say what wonderful people Vegas has too Lance. LOL

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service