Nascar pisses me off so bad sometimes. I'm a Montoya fan as well as a Robby fan so for those of you that don't care...feel free to exit out of this now. Finally...finally Montoya gets his first pole. He qualified 2nd 4 or 5 times last season. What happens? Nascar disallows his run because of pressure in a shock absorber. What?!? That is the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard of since Robby got in trouble at Daytona for what amounted to having the wrong sticker on his nose piece. Nascar should be ashamed.

Ok..I've vented....

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

rules are rules.
Montoya should be ashamed..........

all in fun

As Robby fans..we feel your pain....

:)
If it's the right rear the higher pressure keeps the rear corner in the air, more down force.
John Darby did say that it was not just a little over. He said it was a pretty great amount over the limited 75 lbs max. Makes me wonder if more people try this then we know and just don't get caught? I know this used to be a bigger problem of teams using dangerous amounts of pressure (1000+) but it is not something you hear people getting caught doing very often.
I agree, I like Montoya too, I was a fan when he ran CART series. He is very similar to Robby in the fact that he races hard and doesn't back down. Seemed like a questionable infaraction to me too

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service