Erwin earned his spurs for Richard Childress, working with Robby Gordon, and when Gordon went on his own Erwin went with him.

But Gordon is his own man. "I tried to point Robby in the right directions, but …" Erwin said of his frustrations. "He will probably win races, here and there, because he's so talented. But as far as running competitively every week and running for championships too."

So when car owner Jack Roush offered Erwin a job 15 months ago Erwin went for it. "I had to see if I could do it," Erwin said.

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BS!
Dodge's performance as of late sucks, I wouldn't say that Dodge sucks....yet.
Ford, now ford sucks, it's the pit crews, cc's,& drivers that get those POS's wins. It sure in the hell ain't the looks of the Ford Fugly...Fubar....whatever the hell that blingtastic POS is called.
See how fugly that damn POS is, they didn't even put it in the pic.
ahhhhh...good one!
I think Greg is right. Robby has the mindset that he would rather sink on his ship than sail on another's. That is part of what makes Robby so great, because of the excitement of the unexpected but ultimately it will always hold him back. I go back to what Darrell Waltrip said once. Robby needs an owner that he respects and that he will listen to to work for him. That's why being at RCR was so great for Robby. Richard would come over the radio and straighten Robby out when he needed it. Robby just has not matured emotionally and mentally to the point where he can be successful in Nascar week in and week out. If Robby drives for RC or Penske, or Chip Ganassi, even Joe Gibbs, someone he respects and knows how to deal with people, then he can be successful. That's the only drawback to driving at DEI. Who does Robby answer to? Max Seigal? Please...
In everyday business there should always be "command and control! Ive always told my staff, "we will work together in order to achieve success, but in the very end I will always have command and control of where this thing goes." I made sure each and every employee understood my philosophy with a hand shake and a nod before they left my office. Lastly I told them,we win as a team, and we lose as a team...
Just my two cents!
Yeah, I think that was Robby's philosophy back in the Team Gordon days.
In case you didn't notice, he changed the name to ROBBY Gordon Motorsports.
nuff said...
Command and control, as you put it, certainly has a time and place (usually best reserved for the military), but it is hardly the best way to run most businesses. It really depends on each individual case.

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/08.html
For the record, I am not a blind RG follower. I think the team needs better leadership.....this is a comment I posted on Sept 10th..........As an operations manager, one thing I know is that if the team is failing......Dont blame the team, blame the leader. There is an adage that says if a player is bad fire the player, If the team is bad fire the manager. Every organization needs leadership, and I doubt that includes being told anyone out of the stands can do their jobs. By the way I am not a RG basher, I am a huge fan, I just hate to see people blame team members for leadership missteps......The point I was trying to make was it gets old seeing people do nothing but bash RG on what is supposed to be a fan site.

► Reply to This
Well go get your rat,& lets see if we can beat Robby's screen name out of him. I got a thing, or three I'd like to tell RG. If your readin this, PM me.
week, by week, last I heard.
There is always that posibility. Do we really know who you are?

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service