Erwin earned his spurs for Richard Childress, working with Robby Gordon, and when Gordon went on his own Erwin went with him.

But Gordon is his own man. "I tried to point Robby in the right directions, but …" Erwin said of his frustrations. "He will probably win races, here and there, because he's so talented. But as far as running competitively every week and running for championships too."

So when car owner Jack Roush offered Erwin a job 15 months ago Erwin went for it. "I had to see if I could do it," Erwin said.

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...and Robby is still regretting losing Greg!
And many of us are regretting when they left Childress. LOL
Robby seems to be dead set on defying everybody, no matter what.
So Robby your doing a stellar job buddy, keep doin exactly what your doin.
Keep changing EVERYTHING, manufactures, crew, hell you don't even need a CC. Matter of fact why don't you fire everybody,& hire some migrant workers? Sure they won't speak a lick of english, but nascar wants diversity,& they'll do whatever you tell them to.
How could the Robby Gordon empire fail? Hey here's another idea, maybe you could split the season into quarters with sponsors,& manufactures? You could tell the sponsors how lucky they are to be paired with one exclusive manufacture.
You'll be the first owner/ driver/ cc/ mechanic/ fabricator with multiple manufacture support to win a championship in Nascar!
Dude, ?
I think you speak for many of the frustrated "planeteers" here. LOL
Oh like Greg did anything for Robby. How many wins? A couple at RCR NONE if I recall after RG put Greg on his payroll. There were times I thought R.Childress was paying Greg to sabotage RG. HIs calls stunk, robby lost engines, tires, etc. All of a dudden Greg's great because Biffle won 2 in a row. Sorry not buying it. Joan
That's crazy. Robby best runs as an owner driver were with Greg Erwin. Greg was more than a crew chef, he did everything around that place. Don't give me that crap, look at the results. I bet that Robby had more top 10s with Erwin than everyone else combined.
Joan sweetheart, with ALL due respect, do you know it was Greg's calls that sucked? Are you sure it wasn't that "driver seat crew chief"? See that's kinda the point here, RGM has more turnover than Toys "R" Us in January. Ask yourself why that is Joan. I've said it before,& I'll say it again, I love the guy like he's family (even if he is retarded), but for God sake wake up! Rob, If YOU want YOUR team to succeed, YOU need to be a team player.
Just to back this up: Without Greg Erwin 4 DNQs and 1 top 5, 4 top 10's in 62 races

With Greg Erwin: 2 top 5's 5 top 10's in 71 starts. This includes the Atlanta and Texas races where Robby should have had top 5's if not wins easily.I don't have the time to do this but if you check out the avg. finish with Erwin, I bet it's better than the rest as well.
All of a sudden? Wow.
Hopefully Kirk laid down some guidelines before he took the gig. Something along the lines of "I'm not getting up on that box, to take orders". Maybe then we may not need a new cc for '09.
Which rambling, theres been a lot here lately...that,& venting.
Oh,& I'm just curious, wtf are you all about? Your page couldn't be more blank unless I turned off my monitor.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service