With Hendrick announcing Brad Keselowski will attempt races at Charlotte & Texas, and Joey Logano planned for several more races, not to mention Wimmer could be running the #33 car at Dega and/or Charlotte...it could spell trouble for teams on the bubble or outside the Top 35.

This weekend will be critical for Robby to stay inside heading to Dega. Already Petty has Terry Labonte for Dega to have a Champions Provisional.

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have no worries about RG outqualifying cars, except at Talladega. He is the first to admit his package at the plate tracks is bad in qualifying. This weekend is the crucial weekend for the top 35.
Car# Driver Sponsor/Manu Owner
1 00 Michael McDowell Champion Mortgage Toyota Rob Kauffman
2 1 Martin Truex Jr Bass Pro Shops Chevy Teresa Earnhardt
3 01 Regan Smith # Principal Financial Group/DEI Chevy Teresa Earnhardt
4 2 Kurt Busch Miller Lite Dodge Walter Czarnecki
5 5 Casey Mears Kelloggs/Carquest Chevy Mary Hendrick
6 6 David Ragan AAA Insurance Ford Mike Dee
7 7 Robby Gordon TBA Dodge Robby Gordon
8 07 Clint Bowyer Jack Daniel's Chevy Richard Childress
9 8 Mark Martin UA Army Chevy Teresa Earnhardt
10 08 Johnny Sauter FUBAR Dodge John Carter
11 9 Kasey Kahne Budweiser Dodge George Gillett
12 10 Patrick Carpentier # Lifelock Dodge George Gillett
13 11 Denny Hamlin FedEx Freight Toyota J.D. Gibbs
14 12 Ryan Newman Alltel Dodge Roger Penske
15 15 Paul Menard Menards/Super Clean Chevy Teresa Earnhardt
16 16 Greg Biffle Sherwin-Williams / 3M Ford Jack Roush
17 17 Matt Kenseth DeWalt Ford John Henry
18 18 Kyle Busch M&M's Toyota Joe Gibbs
19 19 Elliott Sadler Garmin Dodge Ray Evernham
20 20 Tony Stewart Home Depot Toyota Joe Gibbs
21 21 Bill Elliott Motorcraft Ford Glen Wood
22 22 Dave Blaney Caterpillar Toyota Bill Davis
23 24 Jeff Gordon DuPont Chevy Rick Hendrick
24 26 Jamie McMurray Crown Royal Ford Geoff Smith
25 28 Travis Kvapil Yates Racing Ford Doug Yates
26 29 Kevin Harvick Shell-Pennzoil Chevy Richard Childress
27 31 Jeff Burton AT&T Mobility Chevy Richard Childress
28 38 David Gilliland Yates Racing Ford Max Jones
29 41 Reed Sorenson Target Dodge Chip Ganassi
30 42 Juan Pablo Montoya Texaco/Havoline Dodge Floyd Ganassi
31 43 Bobby Labonte Cheerios Dodge Richard Petty
32 44 David Reutimann UPS Toyota Michael Waltrip
33 45 Kyle Petty Wells Fargo Dodge Kyle Petty
34 47 Marcos Ambrose Little Debbie Ford Tad Geschickter
35 48 Jimmie Johnson Lowe's Chevy Jeff Gordon
36 55 Michael Waltrip NAPA Auto Parts Toyota Michael Waltrip
37 66 Scott Riggs State Water Heaters Chevy Joe Custer
38 70 Tony Raines Haas Automation Chevy Margret Haas
39 77 Sam Hornish Jr # Penske Truck Rental Dodge Roger Penske
40 78 Joe Nemechek Furniture Row Chevy Barney Visser
41 83 Brian Vickers Red Bull Toyota Dietrich Mateschitz
42 84 AJ Allmendinger Red Bull Toyota Dietrich Mateschitz
43 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr National Guard/AMP Energy Drink Chevy Rick Hendrick
44 96 Joey Logano DLP Toyota Jeffrey Moorad
45 99 Carl Edwards Office Depot Ford Jack Roush
TBA is Menards more than likely.
bump
Rob's gotta get through Kansas clean...top 20 or even a top 25 finish then I think the rest of the year is gravy.
You guys forget who we have to beat. typically there have only been 43 cars showing up at the tracks, sometimes 44 if the 08 tries. Logano's races won't matter because he's running the 96. No extra car there. The only extra cars will be the #25 when Keselowski shows up and the #47 for Ambrose, if and when it runs after Kansas. The 08 has only made one race all year long so I'm not worried about them. The #47 is fairly new and there is no guarantee that the #25 is fast. The last time Hendrick had a 5th team for Kyle Busch, it was awful. Remember also that Robby is in the top 35 right now, he really only needs to outrun the #00 and the #77 who are rookies. The #84 might drop off too because rumor has it Allmendinger is out and that Skinner and Speed will share the ride the rest of the year. I'm just not too worried. In fact I think we might be able to get past the #55 and #22 while we're at it. We just need to show up at Tally in the top 35 then I think we're ok.
Logano will run the #96 for a few races, but is also scheduled to be in a 4th JGR car some too. I believe at Charlotte for sure. I expect the entry list to be quite larger at Charlotte and possibly Dega
One week at a time.

With Robby being the Crew Chief, Driver, Owner, Marketing Manager, CFO, CEO, Machine Shop Lead, Chief Legal Advisor and the Seinor Engineer... He might get all these departments to not miss anything over the next 5 days and we could get a top 10.

Plus he is the Personal Chef and Athletic Department Head to driver and crew...

Fucking Robby never had it so good when he raced for Walker.... Ha ha
dont forget about penski engiens
Let's not forget that 'Dega could be Robby's 300th career start at the Cup level.
All the stars are lined up for RG this week, I bet it's Menard's well into the forseeable future, and with all the press around the fact that he's using a Penske motor this week, not to mention a gagged plate motor, Roger will make darn sure that it's a good one, if for no other reasons, to show reliability, and to stick it to GEM who didn't care how it made them look when Robby was slower than everyone else using their supposedly equal-to-their-top-car motors that were grandma-slow. Robby just needs to bring it home, and pull a Michael Waltrip Restrictor-Plate Career-Saver like he did waaaaay back when in Daytona, and maybe win this mutha. It can happen.
It just hit me that RG had really excellent grounds for suing GEM, in that they allowed the clause in the contract that said they'd provide him equal gear to their top car, and clearly didn't. They simply beat him to the punch, I bet RG was gonna file against GEM, and they knew the only way to defend themselves was with numbers that clearly made RG's case against them? A simple stopwatch would've gotten RG a huuuuge settlement. Bastards.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service