Claire B Lang is reporting Robby and GEM have settled their lawsuit out of court and no merger will take place. So...what happens now??

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robby Gordon will start using Penske power after the Charlotte test next week. Guessing this is just temporary to get through the end of the year.
From Nascar.com:

GEM had previously supplied engines for RGM, including this weekend and at next week's Sprint Cup test at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Gordon said his No. 7 Dodge would use a Penske Racing Dodge powerplant at Kansas Speedway next weekend and predicted a top-five qualifying effort.

It is about time... those Jasper motors kick ass!! I don't know about top 5 qualifying, but it will definitely be an improvement!! These last 8 weeks will probably determine if RGM stays with Dodge in 2009.
Be careful what you ask for... PENSKE has had multiple engine failures this year.
DOVER, Del. -- Gillett Evernham Motorsports reached an agreement with Robby Gordon Motorsports to drop plans to merge the teams. As part of the agreement, GEM dropped its breach-of-contract suit filed against Gordon on Aug. 25.
Fron In-side Nascar

The merger terms had called for Gordon to sell his team at the end of this season for $23.5 million. The deal would have given Gordon a four-year driving contract with GEM, and possibly a seat on the team's board of directors. GEM would have acquired Gordon's shop and property in Charlotte.

Things went sour in part because Gordon complained in a television interview that his racing engines --supplied this year by GEM -- were inferior to the engines GEM builds for its drivers.
Just goes to show the "insiders" that were saying 100% robby drives for gem next year know just about as much as the rest of us. While we are all speculating though i am in favor of the RG and John Menard buy DEI and have Paul Truex and RG, not a bad team IMO
Stuff with that deal changed daily.
Paul , Truex and RG??.... I'm not sure that will be that good.. The only reason I say that is if you have seen the way they respond when being asked questions about Robby. It could be just me.. but it always seem they have a cocky smeerk on thier faces and then the way they talk just doens't seem like they like him that much.
The self proclaimed "insiders" have said so much BS on this board and the Uprising this season its just fantastic. They bring some comedy, but they've yet to bring an ounce of insight.

Is Robby still purposefully trying to get the car out of the top 35?
Dont blame the insiders.Stuff changed daily at RGM.
Hey gray, unless it's officially released from RGM or an other involved party, I just don't believe it.
I take it all with a huge grain of salt....
Hey gray, maybe I missed the thread your reffering to. Who's proclaimed themself an insider?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service