Claire B Lang is reporting Robby and GEM have settled their lawsuit out of court and no merger will take place. So...what happens now??

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

?????????????? That about sums it up!
all I was able to find on the web right now is from Foxsports.com:

Robby Gordon Motorsports and Gillett Evernham Motorsports today announced that they have agreed on terms for the resolution of the issues growing out of their former plan to merge the two teams.

Disagreements over the merger led to the recent filing of a lawsuit to have the court determine the parties' rights under the merger agreement. As part of the resolution, the lawsuit will be dismissed and the merger will not proceed. Management personnel for the two teams acknowledge that there were misunderstandings, but both sides acted in good faith throughout, and in the end it was circumstances beyond their control that caused the merger not to proceed.
suits don't just get "dropped" when a party who agrees to buy you for 23.5 million decides not to and tries to finagle out of it with a BS breach suit against you.

GEM paid to have this thing dropped..no doubt. I hope it was for a few million (my guess is ballpark 5 million)
Thats hillarious.
No details were released by GEM press release..... I mean where does RGM end up next year? Still a single car or maybe DEI/ uncle John combo
Well, so much for all the speculation that went on here. l don't think RG is sharing what he's doing with anyone but his most trusted people, and those people know how to keep their mouths shut...that's why they're trusted with the important stuff. Just have to wait and see.
stuff changed daily with this. Even his close peeps were in the dark.
i hate waitting
rgm still owes about 350 thousand for the mgmt fee whom brokered the deal with gem so you know he got something from gillett
i remember when leffler got the boot from the joe gibbs 11 fedex he got more than 5 mill and he only raced for 2/3 season
Rock on Robby...I have always said he didn't just fall off the turnip truck. He knew all along what he was doing and won the game a friend of mine calls "Out Dumb You". ....I just can't see Robby selling RGM unless he is no longer able to operate and then I believe he may merge, but never sell the team. If his dream dies, it won't be from his lack of trying through the "last Lap".In Nascar, things aren't always as they seem, a lot of smoke and mirrors. Gas On Robby!!!
still think RG should see what Tony is doinging with SHR.. driver owners probably could work something out for those hendrick motors

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service