Is the only difference between Robby Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Sir...... Timing

In 1984 when Childress hired the late Dale Earnhardt, the decision was criticized by some because he wasn't the most popular driver in the field. Earnhardt was thought to be too tough to tame. NASCAR.COM

Before Burton, times were tough at RCR. In 2004, Kevin Harvick went winless and Robby Gordon left to start his own team. At that point, Childress decided to dig deep and refocus his efforts on winning.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well theres timing, the accent, mustache, oh,& that bulletproof Chevy Dale drove to 6 championships with RC

This reply brought to you by Chevrolet, the winningest manufacture in NASCAR history.
Yeah, he refocused by hiring Burton......and Burton went on a winnin.....oh shit no he didn't! Nevermind!
RCR did improve equipment after Robby left.

I just see the same style of driving in Robby as I did in Dale. and with the right team effort would Robby have won more races. I wish he would have decided to dig deep and refocus his efforts on winning. when Robby was still there.
Dale Earnhardt was from NC , his Father was a racer too, and that was a whole different time financially!

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service