Hearing the new Foreman at RGM's facility is none other than Johnny Kaiser .

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

is it because he is hard to pass (GOOD). or they think he is out of control (BAD)?
Off road guy that pays the bill's by driving Na$crap.
I agree. The upside would be improved build quality on the Cup side; guys used to building equipment to last 5,000 miles over brutal terrain versus 500 miles on a paved oval. Some costs could also be consolidated. The downside is the disconnect with the SoCal off-road culture and community, and also convincing key people to relocate to NC.
cheaper cst of living , but cheaper pay$ as well. I doubt he'd get alot of So. Cal moving to NC especially to where the shop is since theres nothing around there. His roots are in S. Cal, I doubt he would move completely to NC.
OK, let me comment on this since I was raised in the LA area and then lived in Nashville and Atlanta as an adult. Not to knock the south, because I like it there, I can't see why they'd want to relo to NC from his OC shop. It's just a different world, a totally different atmosphere that I wouldn't want to leave. And how frickin far do you have to drive to test in the desert??? There's a reason Vegas is full of off road teams, we have loads of great places to test.
Who said the pay was cheaper? I make more out here than I did on the west coast, and the cost of living is WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY, cheaper! In so. cal. you can't buy a shack for less than $500,000. Out here you can still find some small older houses well under $100k. And don't even get me started on cost of car insurance etc!
Butterknife7 - years ago in an interview at Baja, Robby said "I race NASCAR so I can do this (off-road). NASCAR pays big $$ and gave him the bucks to spend on his off road racing. His shop in Anaheim does well, but his "day job" is a means to an end. Joan
Thinking out loud.....

We should put together an annual "Big Wheel Race" for all the good folks here a Plannet Robby......

I haven't seen Rooby's shop....but maybe the parking lot would be big enough to host it?

I can just picture some of the "Mean Machines" some of you would show up with...........

Then we would have to think through stuff like..."do we let Green machines enter" (rememeber those..two sticks for steering wheels...you could cut some mean 360's downhill just after a rain)
Moving the OR shop to charlotte would be the same as the petty's up there in Level Cross. They moved from there to be closer to the cup world. Moving the Off Road boys would take them out of the Off Road community and out of touch I think.
No way, the blacktop in the parking lot at the cable place is really bad! We can use the Stadium parking lot....
Where is RGM Off Road @ in Cali? We go to Anaheim every few months, so if its near I might like to check them out.. And do they do tours or anything?
On Miraloma near the 57 and the 91.... No idea about any of the other stuff.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service