From Monday Race Recap (was aired Tuesday this week)

It appears UPS will become the new sponsor for the #6 team at Roush Racing in 2009. This will end the bid for Newman's #39 for UPS. So where does that leave the #39 and Ryan Newman?
Joe Custer answered that question. "We're not worried about Ryan getting sponsorship. We're really close to having a package similiar to Tony's team worked out (rumored Burger King & ARMY?), but we can moved forward regardless. We have two sponsors now (Haas Automation & State Water Heaters) that would love to sponsor a driver at Ryan Newman's caliber, but they understand our goal. If we're unable to get one of these other deals worked out, then we will sit down with them. They understand how this business works. We should have something to announce soon for Ryan. Now that we know UPS' decision, we have a better idea of what we need to do. Tony is doing an incredible job. I have been blown away that sponsors are actually contacting us. We have dug for sponsorship the last couple of years, so you can imagine how it feels getting calls from companies wanting to be part of our organization. Just goes to show you how much of a difference drivers like Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman make."

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

newman will pull a better sponsor than State- not worried
How did Ryan end up with the number #39 ?
Because the 4 wasn't as available as anticipated. NASCAR jumped the gun,& gave it to Tony wothout giving MMM the first right of refusal. So Tony decided Plan B would be to give Ryan the number he came up through the ranks with, the 39.
I agree Newman should be able to pull a bigger sponsor, but UPS was their "big one" they were after. Most reports have Burger King & ARMY being possibilities. According to Joe Custer it sounds like to me the team has companies wanting to sponsor Newman & Tony, including Haas Automation and State Water Heaters. From what I heard, it sounded like State Water Heaters wants to stay in Nascar and is looking over deals with Scott Riggs, but if they could have Ryan Newman (even if a 12 race deal or so) it mught be what they go after.

If so, that would kill any possible deal with RGM

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service