Now, this team is in trouble. Its a rather disheartening thing that happens week in and week out. While I dont know who to blame, I know its more than one person, one being the driver. Robby was good when he was told what changes would be made, and how he could search the track to make it work. I fear that if Robby cant let Walter do is job properly what else is he doing Mon-Thurs. that distracts him from doing his main job, which should be drive the car. This team depends on his performance, plain and simple, cut and dry. If he doesnt perform, I dont care about RGM or RG Off-Road, GEM, or John Menard's help....its gonna fail.

I dont want to discuss too much of this season in this post, so lets get some thoughts out here that I think we can all agree on. The 7 car seems to be totally different from practices to races. We seem to be the only car making ultra major changes. Lets face it, the top 25 cars aren't changing springs, packers, and generally making wild guesses to fix a car. Then going from wrecking loose to hit the wall tight. Say want you want about any driver in the world, when Robby spins something out, its ill handling. We sure have fallen a long way from a guy who was gonna run the Indy 500 if he didnt get his points back, because the team was a chase contender.

My honest opinion for next season. Put Scott Riggs in this junk car (as he has proven he can drive junk fairly well as well as attract sponsorship), and let Robby go be a driver only. He gave this one heck of a shot, but lets face facts. The BGN success RGM had hasent transferred over and the BGN team is a shell of its former self. Its not being competitive and surely not a threat to win races. When Jr. Motorsports has top name drivers and full Hendrick support, and its scared to pull the trigger and move to cup...that should tell you something about what went wrong here.

Now, if that's not your cup of tea fine. Break out the check book, and pack an extra few pillows because its time for this team to work! That means running a full BGN schedule the rest of the way out. The whole cup team doing a double, practice pits stops, spotting, and more important driver/crew chief chemistry. The #55 needs to qual in for BGN races, which is good because if Cup keeps heading down, then Robby is gonna need to qual in for them as well. I dont want to hear about BGN/Cup differences, track time is track time and that goes for driver and crew.

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMO, sponsorship is the big issue for next year. So long as RGM finishes this season in the top 35, they probably will have sponsorship for the first 10 or more races. We know that his Speedway cars are good and that the Road Cars cut it. Short tracks don't need the finesse that the Intermediate tracks do, so again RGM will be OK there. The big zero in the organization is the Intermediates where they suck. This is where RGM needs to improve if he is going to have any shot at garnering new sponsors for next year. As half of the remaining races are at Intermediate tracks, continued poor performance on them will not attract the sponsors and increase the risk that at season end, RGM will no longer be in the top 35.
No point thinking anything yet. A lot will depend on if he's in the points come the end of the season, which, thank the Lord isn't long off.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service