Now, this team is in trouble. Its a rather disheartening thing that happens week in and week out. While I dont know who to blame, I know its more than one person, one being the driver. Robby was good when he was told what changes would be made, and how he could search the track to make it work. I fear that if Robby cant let Walter do is job properly what else is he doing Mon-Thurs. that distracts him from doing his main job, which should be drive the car. This team depends on his performance, plain and simple, cut and dry. If he doesnt perform, I dont care about RGM or RG Off-Road, GEM, or John Menard's help....its gonna fail.

I dont want to discuss too much of this season in this post, so lets get some thoughts out here that I think we can all agree on. The 7 car seems to be totally different from practices to races. We seem to be the only car making ultra major changes. Lets face it, the top 25 cars aren't changing springs, packers, and generally making wild guesses to fix a car. Then going from wrecking loose to hit the wall tight. Say want you want about any driver in the world, when Robby spins something out, its ill handling. We sure have fallen a long way from a guy who was gonna run the Indy 500 if he didnt get his points back, because the team was a chase contender.

My honest opinion for next season. Put Scott Riggs in this junk car (as he has proven he can drive junk fairly well as well as attract sponsorship), and let Robby go be a driver only. He gave this one heck of a shot, but lets face facts. The BGN success RGM had hasent transferred over and the BGN team is a shell of its former self. Its not being competitive and surely not a threat to win races. When Jr. Motorsports has top name drivers and full Hendrick support, and its scared to pull the trigger and move to cup...that should tell you something about what went wrong here.

Now, if that's not your cup of tea fine. Break out the check book, and pack an extra few pillows because its time for this team to work! That means running a full BGN schedule the rest of the way out. The whole cup team doing a double, practice pits stops, spotting, and more important driver/crew chief chemistry. The #55 needs to qual in for BGN races, which is good because if Cup keeps heading down, then Robby is gonna need to qual in for them as well. I dont want to hear about BGN/Cup differences, track time is track time and that goes for driver and crew.

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Penske is fighting Robby for the #35 spot, they wouldn't give RG a free soda let alone a chassis,engine,setup, etc...
With the way things are going at Ganassi, I'm sure Ernie Elliott wouldn't turn away some new business.
Who said anything about giving? Besides if Robby could make such an alliance, perhaps they could take Kurt,& RG to cross test the 2,& the 7. Maybe compare chassis, take the strong points of both, & have 4 cars fighting for a spot in the chase, instead of the top 35. Theres a few diff ways it could be worked out, but I believe (if Robs gonna stay with Dodge) this would be his best option, at this point.
Can't Kurt just wiggle his ears and make it all better?
Kurtie got the ears clipped, so not much ear-o adjustments can ber made
I agree. But leave Robby at home. Hire a driver for a day (Matt Crafton?) and run a shitload of laps.
They damn well better take advantage of all of the practice time this weekend. This crap of running 6 or 7 laps then parking is bullshit. Unless he has a bona fide rocket, he should run more laps than anyone else on the track.
theres no shortage of short tracks Rob could be practicing on for Richmond. Hell, I'll throw one out there, Illiana Speedway.
http://www.illianaspeedway.com/index.html
I'm sure there are plenty that are closer, but I've gotta pimp the locals
Pikes Peak Raceway here in Colorado just re-opened for testing - cheap too! D-shaped 1 mile oval. They could have hit it on the way back from Fontana.
Yeah, IDK what the banking is, but the configuration is like Richmond, only 2 backstretches. Like I said, theres prolly better, maybe even closer. I'd DEF be testing SOMEWHERE this week though.
Off the top of my head Memphis and Pike's Peak are both 1 mile d-shaped tracks, relatively flat. I'd think they would be as good as any place to test for Richmond.
Memphis would def be easier on the travel cost.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service