The announcement came today that the new format for the Bud Shootout will be the top 6 teams from each manufacturer will qualify. (No more pole sitters, so much for winning a pole anymore)

As of today, Robby is 429 points behind Bobby Labonte. Can he race his way in?

Mathmatically yes. He would need to gain an average of 36 points per race over Labonte to catch him with 12 races to go. That's 12 spots per race or 10 spots ahead if he lead a lap in each race and Labonte didn't.

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is why they didn't make it top 7... LOL
Also, if a team Like Ganassi switches to Toyota that would put RG in the show.
Or if RG switched to Toyota that would put him in the show and knock out POS.... Under the current standings.
Just another example of NASCAR stupidity! They say that they want to help the small teams and make it fair...that's such B.S.! They are so full of shit, it's disgusting. I'm starting to wonder why I still watch NASCAR racing....
Because of Robby:)
That is the damn stupidist idea nascar ever came up with! I guess A-B didn't wanna have anything to do wth the Coors Light Pole sitters. This is nascar's resolution? What a bunch of assclowns!
I wouldn't be surprised if NASCAR doesn't come up with a similar format for the All-Star race with a provisional spot for the primary sponsor who spends the most on advertising buys. Oh wait, they did that last year.
When I heard about this on Nascar Now, I was trying to figure out if Robby would be in the top 6 Dodges. There's Kurt, Bobby, Elliott, Kasey, Reed (I think) and Montoya who are ahead of Robby in points. I'm too lazy to look up the driver points right now to see how close Reed is to Robby. Newman would be out because he's going to drive a Chevy next year so that would bump Robby up. Correct?
Owners points, I beleive. So the replacement driver in the #12 would still get the spot.
Well that sucks! I guess Tony's winning the Shootout and being eligible for 10 years is now out of the question, as is Mark Martin! And I'd rather see Bowyer race than Mears.
Since winning a pole doesn't get you a shootout berth now, watch Robby start winning a few poles..lol..
They should have grandfathered the pole winners this year into the race. Kinda pull the rug out from under tactics you gets old with Nascar.

But, I believe you're right, if Robby happens to switch to Toyota he would be ahead of Waltrip.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service