From Nascar Roundup Show - Monday Aug 25, 2008

HOF Racing is looking at several options for next season. Those options include a possible merger or a possible acquisition of another team, Hall of Fame Racing co-owner Tom Garfinkel said Saturday at Bristol. “As we look at other teams’ and their situations, some of them would require switching manufacturers and we’re having those conversations as well,” Garfinkel said.

According to previous statements from Joe Gibbs Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing is not ready for a 4th team and is not interested in any type of merger or acquistion anytime soon.

With the Nascar's new testing policy, Hall of Fame Racing is looking at all single car operations first to see if a possible merger would benefit both parties. The Cup series has only a handful of single car opeartions today and Hall of Fame wants a team inside the Top 35. "If we 're gonna work together and help both organizations as a single unit, we need to be with a team that can race. We can't afford to be in a situation where both cars need to qualify on speed every week."

Based on Garfinkel's comments, only two single car teams are inside the Top 35 currently: Bill Davis Racing (Toyota) and Robby Gordon Motorsports (Dodge). Both teams have indicated adding a second team would be a huge benefit. Bill Davis Racing is already with Toyota, making a meger very easy. Robby Gordon Motorsports is currently with Dodge, but Robby Gordon Motorsports already had one partnership earlier in the season with Hall of Fame Racing. When Hall of Fame Racing's #96 Toyota failed to qualify at Infineon, they moved it's sponsor DLP HDTV to Gordon's car.

"We're looking at all of our options right now and having discussions with our sponsors. The people at Texas Instruments have been really great to work with through this process."

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think he has to do something and very soon. His hand is still strong by being in the top 35 right now despite his recent woes. I just don't think a single car team is going to have a prayer any more.

BRR
From everything I've heard and even statements Robby has made, it looks like Robby is trying very hard at getting a 2nd car. He knows how much of a price tag he can run a team on and from one statement it might be is Riggs willing to drive for alot less.

Robby doesn't have to get a $2 -$10 million a year for driving from RGM. Instead he can invest into his own team by driving for far less than what a regular Cup guy makes. I'm sure Robby can throw a number at State Water Heaters and say I can run the team for this much money, but the driver's salary is where it needs to be negotiated.

The HOF merger/or acquisition would be alot easier. HOF would have everything in place to operate a team and pay a driver. It would come down to sharing notes and testing together as a single operation. It's really just an agreement put together sayting let's help each other out. Robby has the space and resources.
robby needs to stay in the top 35 or all this is mute
HOF is cursed they should sell it's team for pennys.
I think RGM should wait and see what the opportunity is going to be, with the one or two drivers out there that come with sponsors. If Robby could still have 100% of his team and add the already sponsored drivers, would be the best bet. And, if these packages do arrive on RGM door step, Robby immediately needs to go out and get one of the best business managers out there to focus on the running of RGM. Allowing Robby to get back to just driving. Even with adding another or multiple teams, if Robby doesn't just "shut the fuck up and drive." Robby Gordon Motorsports will still circle the track in the back of the field, no matter who the drivers and sponsors are. If you look at every successful team in NASCAR, they all have a Director of Operations or Business Relations Manager. They all have someone in place that focuses on running the business side only. I understand the business side of RGM right now, and they can’t afford to pay someone in this capacity. However, adding another team or 2 would give much needed money. Of course it would only work with full sponsorships of all teams.

As I have mentioned before Robby needs to sit down with Tony Robbins or a Shrink, and work on letting go of the controlling side of his brain. Suck it up, put the right people in place, and LISTEN to them before making decisions. We all know how awesome Robby is or we wouldn’t be here. But if he sets his business up to fail it will fail. What’s Joe Gibbs motto? “Hiring good people and treat them well = wining!”

Just an Idiots opinion!
If only all things needed to make this happen would come together it sounds like a a great plan.It would be my guess that because of the single owner/driver status of RGM, the control freak side of Robby was necessary.....wouldn't that be the norm for most people with budgets so tight and the ongoing challenge of getting sponsorship? It would be my guess that Robby is not only the first to recognize the shortcomings of RGM in it's present state but doing everything he can to rectify them. I suspect that the control issue may be a trust issue at times, i.e., his calling the sots of his assorted C.C.. If he was only one of the assorted dumb shits also know as drivers, who don't know their rear end from a hole in the ground, when it come to the mechanics of the "car" he would be able to just let a CC adjust as needed, without knowing the "why".But because he knows everything he races inside out, he can't let the CC second guessing go. I wonder what would happen if a CC just said that's it, I quit, from the podium, during a race? Would he notice,lol. At any rate, when Robby finds the deal he can trust that is best for him, as a driver and an owner a merger of second team will happen. Me , I will support him in anything he does because I trust his judgement, respect his challenges and love him like he's my own. I also throw a lot of prayers in his direction, cause that never hurts either.
Done some research.

Hall of Fame has no Toyota Factory Support. They use their sponsorship funds to buy their cars with engines from Gibbs. So asuming RGM forms some sort of partnership with HOF we can't assume that Toyota factory support comes with a deal.

I would guess HOF would have to fork over funds (probally much less) to RGM for cars and engines. The Dodge deal RG has now would probally have to be expanded to include a second team. Then would help HOF and RGM offset engine and car costs.

Having HOF convert to Dodge and RGM opperate 2 CUP cars out of RGM then have HOF facility become a Nationwide/Craftsman team operation would be sweet.

With Akman, Starbuck and a second car adding credibility; RGM could be in a much better position to garner much more additional sponsorship with little or no additional cost ratio to operations.
akman and starbuck has nothing to do with hof racing they sold it to the guys who one the diamonbacks last year
Oh yeah... Well that is one less feather in HOF's hat... Make that two.
I'd like to see at least a years worth of consistency with employees and car make at RGM.

Stay with Dodge, at least until after they have used the new generation engine.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service