ROBBY GORDON (No. 7 Barrett-Jackson Auction Co. Dodge Charger) Finished 39th

"The 55 and the 5 got together in a group of about seven of us. I was sixth in line and was trying to slow down, but there was nothing that I could do. It's unfortunate because our car was really fast. We started off really tight, made an adjustment on the Sherman-Williams/Barrett-Jackson car and it was really good. We ran with the leaders for about 70 laps before the incident. Unfortunately, another good car with a bad finish. That's Bristol -- sometimes you get out of here with a perfect race car and sometimes you get wrecked."

Robby added, "I feel really good about next weekend. We should have a really good car next week. I believe we're getting better and the results should start reflecting. We're trying to qualify better and should have another fast racecar next weekend."

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It does seem like when they work on qualifying and run in the top 15 in practice, they seem to be pretty fast with the race setup as well. Hopefully that keeps working for them and we can start up front and then run as fast as the leaders.
From his mouth to God's ears...!
Looks like several drivers and crewchiefs are fighting the COT, here's what Kurt Busch said after Bristol:

KURT BUSCH (No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger) Finished 15th
“A typical performance out there tonight for us. We got one really strong run out of the chassis, but then fought a tight condition the final 200 laps of the race. We pulled spring rubbers, took wedge out, but nothing helped the situation. We have to be able to adjust on these things to get the front end to turn better. Until we can do that, about a top-15 car is all we’ve got.”

PAT TRYSON (Crew Chief, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge Charger) “We started off really loose and got behind. We got our Miller Lite Dodge tightened up and ended up getting too tight at the end. We got a hole in the nose late in the race which hurt us a bit, so we tried to adjust to that and just got a touch to loose in the end.”
Let's hope that next week the Gods take pity on Robby and let him have a good finish. He was 24th when the big one happened. He could have been in the top 20 - instead BANG!!!. Joan

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service